Chapter 39 - Finality

Bradley Young of the Silver Arrow Pack was found guilty of multiple charges, among them the unlawful possession of illegal substances, first degree murder of multiple pack members, and the mishandling of his authority as an Alpha.

Alpha King Scott's face had been solemn as the charges against the man were brought before him, and it only darkened further when Alpha Landon and Luna Olwen summoned Mrs Priscilla Walker to the witness stand.

There were murmurings of shock and recognition through the small amount of onlookers as Priscilla entered the courtroom, Felix and Tonia by her side, with Tristan behind them and also holding them protectively. Bradley, still handcuffed with silver, gaped at the two children as if he were looking at phantoms; he hadn't expected his past to catch up with him, at least not within his lifetime. Anyone who looked between the two children and the older man could tell they were related.

Though Priscilla hadn't seen her ex lover in years since he chased her from the pack grounds, she was oddly calm and put together, and repeated her testimony confidently to the royal couple and the council. A prior DNA test confirmed that Felix and Tonia were Bradley's children.

After hesitance from the accused's side to admit the truth, it was time for the final resort. Once Alpha King Scott used his Alpha command on Bradley, everything spilled out. The unreasonable exile of Olwen was only the tip of the iceberg now. Also to consider were his now confirmed use of drugs to hide his affair with Priscilla from Luna Tess, the unlawful murders of Delta Jace and Gamma Edric, and finally the attempted murder of then Beta Kayden. Not to mention the other instances he had abused his position as Alpha and then father of the Alpha to hide the truth and get his way.

In front of the court, Bradley was executed with a lethal silver injection - a very similar way as to how Kylie had died. His wolf briefly took over and let out a soft howl before his body fell limp; it was not a howl of sadness or anger, but relief and freedom. Bastian could finally return to the Moon Goddess and be with Luna Tess and her wolf.

Speaking of Kylie, after her living relatives failed to claim her body, she was buried with all the other rogues. Olwen was not charged for her murder; she had been an exiled rogue of the Silver Arrow Pack at the time of her death, and some of Olwen's pack members had witnessed Kylie challenge her for the position of Luna and essentially force Olwen's hand.

Aaron, who had abused two of the illegal substances, conspired with his father multiple times, indirectly caused the death of Jace and Edric and then attempted to force his mark on Luna Olwen, was nowhere to be found in the Wilds. His scent had all but faded, leaving his trail cold, and there was a warrant out for his arrest.

What remained of the once mighty Silver Arrow Pack could not survive on its own, and as such, the decision was made to make the pack a subsidiary of the Moon River Pack. This in turn led to the slow and steady construction of a bridge between the two packs, allowing for easier travel.

Once they were of age however, the right to lead the Pack would fall to Felix and Tonia, if they decided to accept. Though reluctant, Priscilla agreed that it was better to let her children decide if they wanted to inherit the leadership of their biological father's pack eventually.

The moment the trial was completed, Landon and Olwen were approached by Alpha King Scott and Luna Queen Isla, whom they bowed to respectfully.

"Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, Alpha and Luna Cartwright." The King spoke in his gravelly voice. "It appears we will have to take a closer look at the movements of blacklisted substances among official pack leaders."

"You're welcome...but we were just doing what was best for the Evergreen Wilds packs." Landon responded modestly.

"Well, you and Luna Olwen still have the official ceremony where both of you and the Moon River Pack will be sworn in as the new representatives." Luna Queen Isla said warmly. "We're looking forward to it. Congratulations on winning the challenge fairly, by the way."