Epilogue

A/N: This song popped up in my Spotify a few weeks ago by pure coincidence and since its song title is so apropos I decided to include it here :)

......

Landon had immediately choked on the chamomile tea he was drinking and rushed to the pack hospital the moment he received a mind-link from Luna Olwen that she was in labour.

Despite his heart pounding and Lark howling worriedly as his mate screamed giving birth for the first time, Landon stayed in the delivery room, clasping Olwen's hand the entire way until a cry pierced the air.

Moments later, Luna Olwen clutched her wailing son in her arms, soothing him with a loving smile and tears of joy in her arms.

"Hello there...little Percy Cartwright." She whispered softly, her and Landon having decided on a name once the gender of the baby had been identified.

As the couple took turns to cradle and coo over their newborn son, their friends and family slowly came into the room once Doctor Enzo gave them the okay.

"He's beautiful!" Stela gushed, placing a hand on Olwen's shoulder as she gazed down at infant Percy with wonder. "He has Alpha Landon's hair and your eyes..."

"We have a grandson." Holly clasped her husband's arm, both with tearful smiles on their faces. "Landon and Olwen made something lovely indeed."

Percy had quieted down slightly by now in his mother's embrace, Olwen gently cradling him as he cooed and reached out his little hands as much as he could to his mother.

Sylvie and Kayden couldn't help smiling at the young boy themselves, Elijah standing next to Stela, and Joshua and Cael next to Landon.

Kayden was adjusting to his new lifestyle well, and his relationship with his family had slowly improved over the months. His initiation ceremony had occured a few days ago - he'd had a minor charge against him for assisting Bradley, but it was made into community service for his new pack. He didn't mind however, willingly accepting the consequences that came with what he had done.

By now, Olwen's inner circle all knew of the visit that the Moon Goddess had paid to her in her dream. Stela had in turn revealed that Selene had come to her as well, informing her that Olwen was in the Moon River Pack and confirming that as the true reason as to why she and her mother and brother drove halfway across the Wilds to find them. Stela was surprised to learn of the Moon Goddess's test, but she was happy that Olwen would have been blessed by it either way.

"You deserve all the happiness in the world." Stela said with a warm smile, gently wrapping a hand around Olwen's shoulders in an embrace. "You and Alpha Landon will change the Evergreen Wilds for the better, I know it."

"I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without you." Luna Olwen replied.

Stela shrugged.

"I was just staying by a friend." She said modestly.

Landon softly inhaled Olwen's scent, a feeling of peace and happiness washing over him. Looking up at her mate as he held her, Olwen knew she felt the same way.

.....

The story of Silver Arrow Pack, from its very inception as the strongest pack in the Evergreen Wilds, to its downfall at the hands of corrupt leaders has spread through the region.

The Moon Goddess, witnessing what the Silver Arrow Pack had slowly changed into over the decades, tested Alpha Bradley and his son Aaron by fating the son to an omega, Olwen. An omega that they perceived as weak and fragile, but nevertheless, had a good heart and a strong will.

But the Alpha and his son both failed the test. Believing his mate was too delicate to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack, Aaron willingly gave in to the wiles of another she-wolf, and Alpha Bradley protected the couple by forcing Olwen to eject herself from the pack.

Blessed by the Moon Goddess, the omega wandered the Wilds alone before meeting with Alpha Landon of the Moon River Pack. Unlike Aaron, Landon accepted and was loyal to her for who she was, and he became her new fated mate.

Over time, the already strong Moon River Pack flourished further with her influence, even more so after she became Luna. And the Moon Goddess didn't just bless her, her new mate and her new pack, they blessed those from her old pack who chose to ally with her. For one, her best friend, despite being up to become the Silver Arrow Pack's next Beta, left her home behind with her mother and brother to find Olwen, and eventually found her mate in the Moon River Pack.

And as for the Silver Arrow Pack? Their new Luna was physically strong, but a cruel, selfish woman who threatened others with force the moment she didn't get to her way. With her leadership, what was once a great pack began to splinter, with many wolves choosing to desert the Alpha and Luna and begin their own lives in other parts of the wilds. For the sake of themselves and the future of the Evergreen Wilds, Alpha Landon faced Bradley in a challenge and won.

In the meantime, Aaron grew tired of his new mate and rejected her too, and after foolishly attempting to take over the Moon River Pack, she was slain by Luna Olwen. And after trying forcibly to win his former fated back, Aaron's wolf, already angry towards his human for giving her up in the first place, abandoned him. He now resides alone outside of the Wilds, knowing that his ex mate is now happy with a new family of her own.

Let this tale remain a lesson, that loyalty to the right wolf is what truly brings strength.

FIN