Five: Future

It was the end of 10th grade and Jc and I have a car. We've been strong ever since 7th grade when we first became a thing. This was a long time and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. My mom passed away with breast cancer so I've been living with my sister who goes to a community college and has a house near our old neighborhood. I've been spending a lot of time with Jc first of all because my sister was in school a lot, second of all because I was depressed with my mom passing, and third of all because I love him!
~flashback~
I tried picking up my phone to call him. I kept dropping it because I was drowning in my tears. I finally went to my contacts list and found the name. 'Jc.'
"Yello'!" He said into the phone.
"I'm.. com, coming over to your h...house." I stuttered a lot. I hung up before I had a breakdown and couldn't come over.
I sped to his house. I didn't knock on the door, I just opened it. Jc was in his kitchen drinking water. He put the glass down when he saw me.
-Jc's POV-
I almost spit out the water seeing Jo like this. She had tears rolling down her eyes. She could've cried a river. You couldn't see any white in her eyes, only red. Her cheeks were red and soaking wet. She looked terrible.
"What is it?" I ask her, almost getting tears in my eyes.
She doesn't respond. She grabs me tight and I pull her into me. This time instead of putting her head on my chest she shoves it on my neck. She was getting it wet but I didn't care. I pull her away. She tries to tell me something but she gets overpowered with sobs. She finally gets some words out before crying hysterically.
"My mom died." She says and falls to the ground on her knees. I stare at the wall in front of me. She didn't have to explain anything. I knew her mom had been struggling from cancer for about a year.
~end of flashback~
-Jo's POV-
I drove to Jc's house just to hang out. He took me to the beach and we laid down on a blanket which was on the sand. We watched the sunset. Just after the sun set, I tried to say something.
"This is so rom.." I couldn't talk anymore. Not with Jc's lips against mine. His lips were soft and his kiss was sweet and gentle. I liked it that way. This kiss reminded me of our first one. We weren't even a thing. It was 6th grade and he dared me to kiss him. This kiss lasted longer than our first one. Even better. I didn't want it to end.