Chapter II. My tired old piano.

He was a very polite man. After the teacher had closed the door quietly, he helped his student to take off her coat. Cynthia smiled softly, she always liked gentlemen. All her worries and troubles went away and she could feel in safe.

"So It's very nice to meet you. I'm Ray Manzarek", He said with a friendly voice and shook the girl's hand carefully. His palm was marvelously warm.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Manzarek. I'm Cynthia Barnett". She was looking in his eyes. They were like a deep ocean with bubbling foam. It looked like a good combination: brown hair and bluish pupils.

"Call me Ray, please", The teacher laughed sweetly and invited her to sit opposite the piano. Cynthia has been a musician since she was at a young age. But the girl couldn't deal with her stage fright.
"Play something that you know, please". Ray was really calm and silent. There was a feeling that the man was afraid to scare her.

"Got it". She said with a smirk on her face and started to play. It wasn't difficult for her to show one person her favourite compositions. But when someone meant a hall which is filled with listeners, her hands froze . For her it was easier to run away from the stage.

Cynthia was a good player. But not professional. The reader could yell in the comments: But you've just written that she has been in music since young age! You're right, but these years weren't enough to be an ideal pianist.

"I didn't expect that you liked Billie Holiday", Ray mentioned after the student had finished the melody. Cynthia grinned.

"I didn't expect that you would recognize her". She was glad that her teacher knew  jazz classics songs. They definitely had more things to talk about.

"Seriously, Cynthia, you should go to the reporting concert with this song in November". He turned her head toward her. There were only a few disadvantages. But the teacher was impressed.

"I'd love to but I couldn't". The girl said with upset notes in her voice.
"I have a big stage fright, it's the worst place in the world for me". For students it was the most popular trouble. They couldn't perform on the stage. Ray wasn't afraid of public and it was nothing scary for him. Maybe he was just a bit worried in college. But these days Ray only met people with this stuff.

"Do you want to overcome it?" He asked her.

"Yes, I do. But I don't even know how". Cynthia looked at him. Ray got up and took the box with his jazz vinyl collection.

"Now we should choose a composition", He smiled warmly and started to check his record player's work.