Chapter VI. We could be so good together.

This night was unforgettable for her. It wasn't Cynthia's first kiss but she had never felt so much love before. The way the man's hands touched her waist and back was gentle and careful. But one of them could perceive it as something forbidden. The teacher and the student weren't allowed to have feelings for each other. The girl was arguing with two her sides. The first one told her: "Cynthia, forget about it! Come back to your normal life". And the second one declared: "What about freedom? You have been swimming across the ocean for years to drown in the puddle?"

She was shaking her leg and sitting on the college lessons. Cynthia bit her lip and frowned. The girl couldn't concentrate on studying. Something was bothering her until the lesson finished.
The student stood up and went away with one of her best friends, Pam.

"Are you going to spend the night with Jim today?" Cynthia asked and turned her head to Pamela's side. They had been communicating for years and the girls knew everything about each other. But the pianist hadn't told anyone about her new love interest.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I can't take your home". Pamela got closer and hugged her friend carefully. She smiled and rubbed the red-haired girl's back gently.

"Don't worry about it. I'm going to my piano lessons now". The student explained and let her go from the warm hug.

"I always doubt why you need this piano lessons? You're a brilliant in it!" Pamela laughed but still was completely serious with her words.

"Pam, I'm a brilliant pianist for you, for my family and maybe for a restaurant", She started and touched up her bag on the shoulder.
"But for professionals I'm new". Cynthia grinned and started to think about it. Probably one time the girl would name herself a professional keyboardist. But to make her dream come true, she should spend the rest of her life on it. And the student was ready to do it.

"Stop saying it, you know I'm proud of you". Pamela stopped and looked at her.
"I'll call you in the evening. Okay?" The smile appeared on the fox's face and Cynthia couldn't help smiling back at her.

"Okay. See you later", The girl waved her hand slowly. They went away on their own business. The brown-haired student couldn't wait for this meeting, her heart was beating fast and knees were trembling. The most important thing was that she couldn't do with it anything.

If only she could take away those feelings. Maybe it would be easier to start to live again like a normal person. Now it became a horror game. Cynthia walked along the labyrinth and tried to find an exit or one open door. She tried to run away from this monster which called itself "Love". The girl didn't know that all exits and doors closed and wherever she went, Cynthia had to fight against this beast. But who said that she didn't have a sword or any weapon with her?

The girl came into the building, waved her hand to the security guard and went to the second floor. Cynthia wanted to sooth her shaking wrists and body, but she only opened the door of the study and said quietly "Hi". Ray turned towards to her and greeted his student looking for a bit surprised too. The man was thinking all those days about their last kiss. And realised that he couldn't have any relationship with this young lady. It didn't mean that she wasn't good enough or something like this. The teacher didn't want to ruin her life.

He knew very well what it meant to be brokenhearted. And a romance with age difference was a nice key for it. Ray considered himself a grown man but liked that kiss. More than that, he was an initiator of this kiss. The furthest actions would have consequences. And in the future it would leave one big spot on the girl's life. Was it worth something like that? All types of emotions were mixed in his heart. Warm love which didn't let him think logically, exhausted guilt and the stone of anger at himself. The teacher felt like a teenager.

"C'mon, Cynthia, sit down", Ray said with his gentle smile and the girl smiled at him back. She sat down next to him and their lesson started. The man started to explain her something about the concert in November. Her ears didn't want to listen to it, her hands took a place on his cheek, lips covered another lips opposite her.

"Stop it", He said it harsher than the teacher had wanted to do it. Cynthia looked quite amused.

"What's up? I thought you'd love to kiss me again", The girl became mad easily and looked at him confused. Ray had closed his eyelids for a second after started to talk.

"It was a mistake, Cynthia. Forget about it". The man didn't know what he was saying. He didn't imagine this dialogue like that because.. Uh, the teacher saw this sadness in her eyes. His hands wanted to hug her badly but Ray couldn't allow himself to do it.

She stood up and left him alone. He was a grown man. That didn't save him from realisation that every person's heart made of glass.