Chapter IV. Whisky bar.

They went to the bar. Ray was going after her, the girl definitely knew where this place was located. Like her own house, her walk looked confident and free. The teacher laughed sweetly and decided to ask her about her excitement.

"Where are we going, Cynthia?" He smiled and put his hands into the coat's pockets. All in all, they had to be in the class. But the man let her lead him to the particular building.

"This is not a popular place", She said and sighed. But this thing was one of the most wonderful she had seen. You wouldn't see wild crowds or loud screams of drunk people. It had calm and comfortable atmosphere.

They came in to the bar. Instrumental blues melodies were playing inside. Cynthia was right about it, the teacher felt incredible. He hadn't seen places like this for such a long time. His work didn't let Ray go anywhere and relax.

"This is so nice here", He said and they took a sit at a free table

"This is so nice here", He said and they took a sit at a free table. The girl was glad that she could impress him with it. But ordinary piano and saxophone sounds weren't all.

"Wait for me here, please. And I'm not a drinker". Cynthia winked, got up and went toward the stage. The man could assume that these musicians were her close friends. Ray decided to trust the student.

When the waiter got closer to their table, he asked two cups of berry tea and started to think. The teacher understood that this girl's company became something special for him. This feeling didn't look like father and daughter relationships. And she wasn't a friend or a partner for him. Ray was confused but who, if not him would figure it out? All these thoughts went away because the music started to play.

"I'm back". She sat opposite him and noticed two cups of tea on the table. A soft smile appeared on her face. The man smiled at her mutually.

"So, Cynthia, I want to thank you for this evening". The teacher touched up his glasses. He could see that her cheeks became pink.

"Thank you for agreement, Mr. Manzarek. My last teachers didn't let me do that". Cynthia remembered all those strict rules. On the one hand, it made her almost good at playing the piano. On the other hand, she was like in jail.

"Call me Ray, please", He knew what the girl was feeling. His college experience wasn't nice either.
"They didn't let you play jazz, did they?" The man asked her and read the answer in Cynthia's eyes.

"Yes, you're right". The girl took a sip of her tea. It was a connection between them. They didn't need words or phrases to understand each other.

"I guess you know that I'll accept every your idea", Ray also started to drink. It was one of many things why he was a teacher these days.

"I appreciate it". She looked shy. Nobody had said anything like that to her before. Especially men. But his sex wasn't the main clue. Cynthia's heart was beating as fast as it could when the student started to think about it.

"You know, at your age I always was getting amused that in 20th century people still couldn't listen to each other", The teacher noticed. He was a teenager and this topic was the most suitable for cigarette smoke or alcohol drink.

"At my age you were a natural philosopher". Cynthia took a sip of her tea and smirked.
"But I agree with you. They close ears with hands and become deaf while you're trying to talk". She placed an almost empty cup on the table.

"Why did you decide to become a teacher, Ray?" The girl asked with interest. It was a very difficult job for her.

"When I was a student, I met many teachers as you did", He closed his eyes for a second.
"Music is all about listening. And I want to teach people not only to listen to melodies or something. I want to teach people how to feel music", A soft smile was lighting on his face like a moon in the dark sky.

"This is a nice speech. Let's drink for it", She grinned. The man with glasses and the girl with brown hair clicked with their cups while another song started to play.

"So, now", Ray said quietly.
"Would you like to dance with me, Cynthia?" The girl loved his suggestion.