don't fall back

summary: imagine Taylor and travis in their kitchen, baking cookies. the are laughing with one another, but Taylor isn't laughing inside.

The kitchen was filled with a sweet aroma as the cookies rose and baked in the steaming oven. The pair were in the kitchen, taylor sat on the counter while travis cleaned up the mess they had created. She would have helped but she was having one of those days. One of those days that gave her no energy to do anything, like her mind was playing tricks on her.

"you okay?" she got taken out of her trance by the familiar voice. travis was standing in front of her, a concerned look on his face, she just nodded.

"where did that perfect smile go?" he asked, pulling her closer. She shook her head, avoiding eye contact. He grabbed her face, making her look at him. "whats wrong?"

The thing is, taylor didn't know what was wrong, she just felt like utter shit.  To show him that, she just hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

This made him realise she wasn't in a talking mood, he scooped her up and made his way into the living room, slowly laying her down on the sofa.

"Im sorry" he heard her mumble as he walked away to get a blanket. He turned around, a reassuring smile across his face.

Travis went back into the kitchen and took the cookies they had baked out of the oven. He forgot to put oven gloves on, so he ran to the counter and place it down with a painful groan and a few curse words.

He made sure the cookies were cooked before checking on his girlfriend, who was sitting up, biting her nails, just staring. He wanted to make sure she had eaten.

"Tay?"

Taylor looked up from her trance, waiting for him to ask what he wanted.

"Come and eat, the cookies are ready"

Taylor just shook her head, looking back at the floor. She looked uneasy, as if asking her to try a cookie was the hardest thing in the world.

That's when he realised what was going on, he approached her and sat beside her on the sofa "Taylor, what have you seen on the media?"

She just shrugged. He didn't believe it one bit, grabbing her chin, and making her look at him.

"Taylor.."

She just sighed, replying with the overused excuse "I'm just not hungry, okay?"

"Youre perfect, Tay, you don't need to turn down food, I know that's what's going on"

She huffs and avoid eye contact with him once again, looking ashamed thathe had worked out his ways. "I started seeing the press bringing up my weight, that made me start zooming in on the images that paparazzi took of me..."

Travis just sits there and lets her talk, listening to her opening up about whats got her this way.

"I thought people knew I was happy knowing I was healthy, but they clearly don't want me to be." A tear rolls down her cheek as she confesses.

"Taylor..." Travis begins, starting to worry about whats going in his lovers mind. He knew she had the habit of worrying what other people thought, but since when did it get this bad?

"When was the last time you ate a full meal, baby?" His hand was still placed under his chin, so she didn't avoid the conversation.

"I don't remember, probably the last time you cooked"

He let out another sigh as he looked at her depressed expression shown all across her phase

"Hey, hey, dont fall back, its not worth it, Tay, its not benefitting anyone."

She shakes her head, she's crying now.

"Just don't fall back"

Not too keen on this one, but its suitable to post. Thank you for reading.