Chapter 4: This System Is A Bit Dark

+Check out the other novel by clicking my profile.

+My YT Channel: ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_o7H0XZmHnnX0UlvGP4Yg ) Or ( Sokdavid Gaming )

+My P'atreon: ( https://www.*atreon.com/Sokdavid ) Replace the * with p

+My Facebook Page : ( https://www.facebook.com/P.S.David123/ ) Or ( Sokdavid Gaming on Facebook )

---------------

Lights flashed around Sebastian, and four heavily armed soldiers appeared beside him, like an elite squad. At the same time, the Assistant's voice sounded.

[ Construction completed. ]

[ Commander, you can freely transfer the unit to the base space, or reappear in the real world. ]

[ Each infantry unit will automatically replenish 4 magazines every day, each magazine has 50 rounds of ammunition, and the remaining bullets per day cannot be kept. ]

[ You can spend 1 G to replenish 1 magazine. ]

"What a black heart-!" Sebastian sighed helplessly, and turned to look at the four soldiers around him, "The magazines used every day are also limited."

There is no such thing in the games, and this kind of stuff that can be strengthened by using money is probably only the current game company can come out. If the system had a physical body, then Sebastian could even imagine the face of the other party's capitalist.

But he changed his mind, although he could only use four magazines for free every day if the bullets could be refreshed every day, it also meant that his soldiers could have unlimited bullets. Maybe this is quite conscientious? The soldiers produced by the system are like robots, they will obey their orders, and they don't need to eat or rest.

With their help, Sebastian will have the capital to survive the apocalypse. But another question came to his mind, I spent almost all my savings and finally created four basic Infantry, each Infantry has 4 magazines per day, adding up to 800 cumulative rounds of ammunition. If faced with scattered zombies, such firepower must be more than enough.

But if faced with the tide of corpses, it is far from enough. Not to mention how to eliminate a group of zombies with more than a thousand with only 800 rounds of ammunition, and the firepower of four light machine guns is not enough.

At this time, Sebastian remembered that in the game, all units could gain experience and be promoted according to the units and buildings they destroyed. So can the infantry made by him be upgraded?

Sebastian woke up the system adjutant and asked the same question.

[ Yes, the unit starts with 0 stars. After killing 100 enemies, it will be promoted to 1 star. The number of bullets it holds will be doubled, the resources required to replenish bullets will be halved, and the power of firearms will also increase. After that, the number of kills required for each promotion will be doubled, and the benefits will also be doubled. ]

The Assistant said,

[ And as the level increases, the more complex orders the unit can receive, and the ability to act autonomously becomes stronger. A 0-star unit has basic common sense, can communicate with others, and can handle small-scale battles with simple tactics. However, in a complex combat environment, you may need the commander to give orders in person, and they have poor self-learning ability. ]

[ When reaching 3 stars, the unit can have the ability to think independently on the field, have an excellent overall view and decision-making ability, and perform optimally under the premise of completing orders. They can even be used as commanders on the battlefield and he has a great ability to learn. ]

Sebastian nodded. Now all four of his Infantry are 0 stars and have 200 rounds of ammunition. When they reach 3 stars, they will have 1600 rounds of ammunition. 1 G can add 8 magazines, which can be said to be a quality improvement.

Moreover, it can be seen from the thinking gap between 0 stars and 3 stars that units at this stage need him to be with them as much as possible, a senior general can allow them to move freely. When the time comes, Sebastian will be able to let his subordinates carry out various tasks while remaining motionless in the base.

But before Sebastian's thoughts flew far, the Assistant's voice sounded again.

[ Of course, upgrading also costs resources. It takes 100 to upgrade from 0 star to 1 star, and the cost is doubled for each subsequent upgrade. There is also a building called the Training Center, where units can upgrade for free, but you, Commander, will not be able to unlock it for the time being. ]

This made Sebastian's good mood just now disappear. Capitalist, capitalist, proper capitalist. The game is a classic, but this system is tantamount to a black-hearted system. However, this also allowed Sebastian to clarify his development path.

The current resources are limited, and it is not as cost-effective as directly expanding the military power to increase the level of the unit. Therefore, to upgrade the level of the unit, you have to wait until you have sufficient resources in the future before you can enter the scope of consideration.

[ Commander, you have unlocked new buildings. ]

At the same time, the Assistant's voice sounded again, and new options emerged in his mind.

[ Machine Gun Bunker ] Type: Construction Cost: 600 G

[ Shipyard ] Type: Construction Cost: 1000 G

[ War Factory ] Type: Construction Cost: 2000 G

After unlocking the Barrack, Sebastian unlocked other buildings as well. The Machine Gun Bunker is a defensive building, equivalent to a Sentry Gun that can attack automatically, and it must be in the real world to be able to play a role.

The other two buildings are just like their names. The Shipyard can manufacture ships, and the War Factory is to manufacture Tanks and Vehicles. It is the most important production factory in the Red Alert.

Although the price of the Shipyard is cheap, now they are located far away from the sea, and there is currently no room for ships to take action. The War Factory can manufacture Tanks, which is of great strategic significance to the present. The most important thing is not their heavy firepower, but their strong armor. At least with these Vehicles, they can freely enter and exit every part of the city without worrying about zombie attacks.

Moreover, Sebastian remembers that in the game, there is a Multigunner Infantry Fighting Vehicle, which can hold several soldiers and perform different functions according to the type of unit.

At the same time, the War Factory is also a necessary front building for many later buildings. Therefore, building a War Factory is a necessary link. However, the construction of a War Factory requires 2000 G, which is tantamount to an astronomical figure for the current Sebastian.

After the end of the world, there will be no place to cheat on loans. Sebastian then thought about it, since the end of the world is over, money has become worthless, and residential areas, jewelry stores, and other places are probably left unattended. Maybe he can take advantage of this opportunity to go to such places and collect enough resources for longer-term development.