Play fight (Request!)

Summary: Skateboard and Slingshot have a play fight outside of the daycare until Zuka finds them...

"Ughh..... I'm SOOO boreddd....." Skateboard groans loudly, falling on his back. Slingshot looks at his visibly depressed friend beside him, munching on a sandwich. The cat thinks for a moment, before an idea comes by his head! "Hey! I know!"

Skateboard lifts his head, looking at Slingshot curiously. Just what does he have in store for them now?

"Let's PHIGHT!"

...

"Wait but- wouldn't we get like, hurt? I mean.. I don't think Ban Hammer would like to see us as a mess or anything." Skateboard waves his hands in the air, trying to make his concern clear.

"Well, what else can we do?" Slingshot asks. Skateboard thinks, then shrugs. A phight it is!

They dash to the nearest vent and make their way out, barely escaping Ban Hammer's sight.

insert uhhh some spy music here or whatever as they crawl through the vent

Skateboard opens the vent and holds it open for Slingshot to leave, dusting himself off afterwards. And the boys they make their way through Crossroads, finding the perfect spot to go all out on!

~~~~

"Would this be a good spot?" Skateboard gestures to where they are at the moment, a sidewalk not so busy with not a lot of vehicles passing by. The only thing that they could possibly bump into would be a streelight just a few feet away from them, but what's one streetlight gonna do?

Slingshot looks around the place, and then nods approvingly. He backs away from Skateboard, stretching both his legs and arm and readies into a stance, getting ready to pounce at his opponent. Skateboard does the same and backs away as well, leaving enough space between the two.

Skateboard pays closer attention to Slingshot's tail, knowing whether he's about to charge at him or not. In fact, maybe too closely that he doesn't even realise that Slingshot has already pulled out his gear; he gets a slight tap on the head by one of the marbles from Slingshot's slingshot to realise that the phight had already begun. So he charges right up to Slingshot.

He strikes right for the stomach, getting a direct hit. Plus points for the helmet! Slingshot coughs out but quickly recovers, and he tackles Skateboard's body as well.

A few more blows here and there, getting more and more dirty as they tumble over eachother, occasionally slamming into the ground together here and there; there may be buises forming after that, but it's all worth it! Nothing like a good "phight" if you will.

But unfortunately, all things have to come to an end sometime soon. And someone finds them.

"What are you two kids doing out here all by yourselves? Shouldn't you be at a daycare?" A tall black figure towers over them. The two kids stop all the thrashing around and look at that strange someone.

Skateboard fixes himself and soon after Slingshot follows. Skateboard walks over to the strange adult, and puffs out his chest to look serious and mature as well. "Well, sir! Didn't anyone tell you to not interfere in phights?" He cranes his head to the much taller individual in front of him.

The taller one chuckles, and pats his head. "Heh, believe me. I've heard that a million times before." He smiles warmly.

"Now, let's get you back to the daycare. The nearest one here, correct? Surely you couldn't have came from that far."

Skateboard softens up a bit and looks back at Slingshot, making sure he'll follow them. "Okay." He looks back up at the adult, and they proceed to make their way back to BOGIO Daycare, hoping Ban Hammer won't get mad at them.

"Oh, I don't think I caught your name, sir!" Slingshot speaks up. The grey adult looks back at the smaller one. "Zuka."

Slingshot and Skateboard react to this, Zuka? That name sounds familiar!

"Say, this is BOGIO Daycare right? Then I believe you've already became friends with my son, I take him there too."

"Really? Who's your son?" Skateboard interrogates.

"Rocket, he's told me about you guys."

Skateboard and Slingshot get caught off guard by that response, looking at him with a surprised expression. Now that's why his name sounded familiar! He was Rocket's dad!

"No wonder we thought we heard your name before!" Slingshot exclaims in excitement.

"Wait, Rocket told you about us?" Skateboard suddenly worries, what if they gave off a bad first impression?

"Don't worry, he told me all about your little adventure with him."

Skateboard and Slingshot flinch, oh boy. Now what? Are they gonna get in trouble?

"I appreciate that, it probably cheered him up a lot. He has seperation axiety, so it took him a bit to get used to being in the daycare without me as well. I believe the same goes for Sword."

"Yeah! They're always together!" Skateboard replies. "He was very depressed after he had to leave, even if it was just for a few days."

"Mhm!" Slingshot nods agreeingly.

"That's just how he is, heh. But I'm glad you were kind enough to try and make him happy."

Slingshot and Skateboard smile at eachother, proud.

"It was no biggie!" Skateboard assures.

And before they knew it, they were already back at the daycare.

"Alright kids, you should probably get yourselves cleaned up before that caretaker of your's notices."

They giggle and wave goodbye before dashing through the entrance door gleefully.

"Oh, and say hi to Rocket for me." Zuka puts his arm in his pocket leaning against the doorside, smiling.

-

(933 words)