Prologue

When night fell over the Great Wall of China it seemed that it would be a long and uneventful night for the soldiers patrolling the wall. One of the soldiers stopped walking for a spilt second when, all of a sudden a falcon flew over him and knocked off the soldier's helmet with his talons. 

As the soldier looked up at the falcon, while checking the back of his head to make sure that there was no wound,  the falcon let out a shrill as if he was letting someone know that the plan could start.

Suddenly, a grappling hook flew up into the air a latched onto the wall. The soldier went over cautiously to check on what was happening. As the soldier looked over the wall, more grappling hooks flew up into the air and latched onto the wall.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, LIGHT THE SIGNAL" the soldier yelled to his brother in arms while running to the ladder to light the signal that was closer. Then as he was close to the ladder, two men came out from behind the door with swords in hand ready to fight the soldier. The soldier could tell that he would not be able to fight them but jumped onto the ladder while one of the men with swords slashed the ladder into bits.

Just as the soldier reached the top of the fortified wall he grabbed a lit torch to light the signal, when a shadowy figure appeared and the falcon landed on the shadowy  figure's shoulder.  After taking a moment, the soldier threw the torch into the pit and lit the signal. One by one each fortified wall lit their signal. "Now all of China knows your here" the soldier said to the shadowy figure. The shadowy figure grabbed the Chinese flag and put it in the flames, as the falcon flew off, the shadowy figure exclaimed "Perfect".

In the palace, General Li walks in to the throne room with two soldiers flanking him on either side. The Emperor was sitting on his throne with his scribe Chi-Fu by his side, General Li and the soldiers reached the Emperor and bowed in respect. "Your Majesty, the Huns have crossed our Northern Boarder" General Li  said. "Impossible! No one get through The Great Wall" Chi-Fu explained, the Emperor made a motion for Chi-Fu to be silenced which was granted. General Li then told the Emperor "Shun-Yu is leading  them. We'll set up defenses around your palace immediately". The Emperor forcefully stated "No! Send your troops to protect my people. Chi-Fu,". Chi-Fu bowed and said "Yes, your Highness.". The Emperor stated "Deliver conscription notices throughout all the provinces. Call up reserves and as many new recruits as possible.".

After receiving his orders from the Emperor, Chi-Fu left to follow them. As he was there all along the Emperor's son Jun was in the room as he wanted to tell his father that the Matchmaker found him a match to be his wife. Chi-Fu didn't know about Jun as every time they see each other Chi-Fu thinks that Jun is apart of the staff. General Li and his son Shang are the only ones who know that Jun is the prince. "Father is this true, will our people be in danger?" Jun asked his father urgently. "Not to worry son, our people will be guarded by our best soldiers" the Emperor told his son. General Li then said " Forgive me, Your Majesty, but I believe that my troops can stop him.". The Emperor then walked up to the general and told him "I won't take any chances, General. A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat.". 

Jun then got an idea into his head that would let him help in the war to come. "Father, I will join the army and help fight in the war that might come" Jun said to his father boldly. The Emperor looked at his son in shock, that he would risk his own life for their people. The Emperor and General Li looked at one another and they both asked "Why?". Jun said "What good is being a prince and a man if I can't protect those I love. I want my future wife to train with the soldiers as well for her protection and the protection of our future children.". The Emperor and General Li were both proud of Prince Jun as he has got it all planned out. The Emperor sighed and said " Very well Jun, you may go and train as a soldier, General Li's son Shang will be your training officer. Shang will train you and your future wife together so you may get to know each other. While you are there the only five people who will know your true identity are General Li, Shang, Yourself, your future wife and the camp medic, alright Jun?" Jun was surprised that his father is agreeing to this but he took a breath and said "Thank you, Father.". The Emperor asked Jun " Tell me the name of my future daughter in law and General Li will deliver this note personally to her father about the current predicament" Jun then looked at the name on the scroll for the first time since he received it from the matchmaker and said " Fa Hua, her name is Fa Hua my bride to be.". General Li smiled and said "Fa Zhou is her father. I was in battle with him before they are a good, honorable family.".  General Li bowed to the two royals and left to visit his old brother in arms. Jun smiled as he looked to his father and said "Do you think General Li would mind if I pretended to be his nephew, father?".