Honor To Us All

While the Emperor was talking to the General about the upcoming war, Fa Hua was finishing the chores around the farm as her sister, Mulan was getting ready for her day with the Matchmaker by writing cheat notes on her arm. "Quite and demure, graceful, polite, delicate, refined, poised, punctual" Mulan said over and over again while she was eating a bowl of rice with her chopsticks. Suddenly a rooster crows, Mulan jumps and calls out "Aiya!". While running around thinking that she has chores to do, only to find her sister Hua was waiting with Khan her horse ready and  waiting to go to town. "What about Father and his tea?" Mulan asked Hua worried about what would happen if the doctors orders weren't followed. Hua smiled and said "Don't worry Mulan, I'll take care of it, you get dressed and go to town, meet Mama and Grandma, and don't worry I did all the chores.". Mulan sighed and got ready to go see the Matchmaker. 

After seeing Mulan off, Hua went and got tea ready for Fa Zhou and take it to him at the Fa family temple. "Honorable ancestors, please help Mulan impress the matchmaker today" Fa Zhou prayed, hoping that it would help his second daughter. Hua was lucky as she had her meeting with the Matchmaker the day before, as it was tradition for twins to see the Matchmaker separately. Hua has the honor of being matched to Prince Jun but, she was asked not to reveal this information to no one other than her parents.

Fa Zhou was leaving the temple when Hua was coming up with a pot of tea and a cup. Hua walked up and said " Father I brought your tea. Remember the doctor said tree cups of tea in the morning and three cups at night.". Hua poured the tea as she was taught. "Hua, where is Mulan?" Fa Zhou asked as he had a sip of the fresh cup of tea. Hua smiled and said "Mulan is on her way to town to meet up with Mother and Grandmother. I did her chores for today so she wouldn't be late.". 

The  father and daughter walked back towards the house when a white horse came into the property with a general on top

The  father and daughter walked back towards the house when a white horse came into the property with a general on top.  The horse came to a halt and the general dismounted the horse with ease. "Fa Zhou, it has been a while" General Li said to Fa Zhou with a smile. "General Li, it has been too long my friend" Fa Zhou said to General Li. "This must be one of your lovely daughters" General Li said to Fa Zhou. Hua bowed and smiled saying "It is a pleasure to meet you General Li. My name is Fa Hua.". General Li then handed Fa Zhou the note that the Emperor wrote. "The Emperor is allowing his son to join the army. Prince Jun made a convincing argument for Hua to learn with the new recruits. My son Li Shang will be captain of these recruits and will personally be training both Prince Jun and Hua at night as well. A tent will be provided". Fa Zhou was worried about Hua but the note was binding.

"Don't worry Fa Zhou, my son will protect Hua as you protected me in the last war" General Li stated to Fa Zhou. Hua stood proudly and stated "I'll await the official conformation then I'll arrive on Ying later today" Fa Zhao looked proudly at Hua and asked "Will Hua have to fight?". General Li looked at Fa Zhou and said "Hua will only fight if her life is in danger. After training is completed, Hua will be escorted to the Imperial City by the new recruits. You have my word Fa Zhou, no harm will come to Hua under the Li family's care.". "Thank You General Li." Fa Zhou said to General Li. General Li bowed to both Hua and Fa Zhou, mounted his horse and departed.  "Hua, you should go and pack." Fa Zhou said to Hua. Mulan returned with Khan just as Hua went inside the house.