23. weird

You groaned and buried you head in your pillow.

This is all so stupid.

You were hurt, but you knew that was a 'you problem'.

After all, neither Terushima or Kuroo did something wrong. It was your own brain that tricked you into thinking that maybe, just maybe, there was a mere chance of you three becoming something more than friends.

You had no right to be mad at Terushima for not telling you about his girlfriend, and you had no right to be mad at his girlfriend for being his girlfriend. So, for the rest of the call yesterday, you tried your best to act unbothered – making jokes as usual and striking up conversations even with Hana.

Kuroo was acting the same way: trying not to look bothered when he clearly was.
He zoned out here and there, and was easily distracted, but you simply thought it was because he was disappointed on the lack of trust Terushima had in you both, or something like that.

No way he was upset for the same reason as I... right?

Just as that thought popped up in your head, the buzzing of your phone distracted you.

Sitting up on your bed, you took the phone in your hands.

Incoming call from...
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭

You hesitated to pick up.

Do I really want to talk to them right now?
Shouldn't I be mad at Teru for not telling us about Hana?

But again, you knew you had no right to be mad at him.
Shaking your head, you accepted the call.

As soon as you did, both Terushima and Kuroo's faces showed up on your screen.
You couldn't help but to smile at them.

"Hey, Y/n" Terushima immediately smiled back.
He was laying on his bed, blond hair a bit wet and naked chest on display.

"Hi, princess" Kuroo winked at you.
He seemed to be in better spirit compared to yesterday.

You raised an eyebrow up "Princess?" You questioned, giggling.
The black-haired boy just smirked and shrugged his shoulders "It fits you"

"He's right, you know" Terushima said, an amused smile on his face.
"Plus, you are our princess" He added. The flirty tone of his voice made heat rush to your cheeks.

You rolled your eyes, faking annoyance.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say" You murmured, making both of them chuckle.

The hurt you were feeling just a minute before was gone.
You realized there was no way you could ever be mad at them for any reason.
Despite everything, you enjoyed their company way too much to hold a grudge towards them, even if that meant repressing the feelings that you were inevitably growing towards the both of them.

"So, why'd you call, Teru?" Kuroo questioned.
You decided to answer in the blonde's place, wanting to tease him "Well... he's lying in his bed half-naked, so I might know why"
You all laughed.

"Unfortunately, it's not that" Terushima answered after a bit.
"I just... had a bad day" He sighed tiredly "And you two always make me feel better, so... yeah"

A wide smile crept on both your and Kuroo's lips.

Really, how could I ever be mad at them?

And so, you three begun to talk, and talk, and talk – rambling about anything that came to your mind.

"Yesterday, Hinata told us he finally convinced Tsukki to come at the party" Kuroo said, recalling the conversation we had with the group chat while Terushima was busy doing who knows what.
A smirk curved the bed-head's lips "That means, our teasing skill are finally gonna come to use"