Part Two

I looked up from my book and saw the three from this morning. I sighed and closed my book.

"This is a first-year table. You can't be over here." I said calmly, getting their attention, while my sister looked at me with a confused look.

"So? The teachers don't care. As long as we say we forgot our school I.D., they'd never know." Jadis said, calmly eating one of the fries from the tray.

I got up, grabbed my book, and walked away. I couldn't stand rule-benders who thought they could do whatever they wanted. It was aggravating. I made my way to the robotics lab and sat down on one of the stools. The robotics teacher was usually away during this time to make out with the janitor.

I put in my earbuds to tune out the noise in the hallway as I messed with my bracelet. I wanted it off to be able to use my powers in school. My music was interrupted by someone taking out one of my earbuds, bringing me back to reality. I looked back and saw Jadis again.

"What's your problem? Why are you following me?" I said with an annoyed look on my face.

My fingers rushed through my hair as I paused the song to hear him better. He was so annoying to me. How did the teachers put up with him for a year? I asked myself in thought.

"I know you're not a big fan of me... but if the principal finds out about you messing with your bracelet, you could be expelled." he said with a soft smile, leaning against the table.

He was slightly less stupid to pick that up. I sighed softly, setting the screwdriver to the side for a moment, and looked over at him before his smile suddenly faded out.

"Do you know what happened a few years ago?" he asked quietly, rubbing across the bracelet strapped to his arm.

"No, enlighten me." I said calmly as I continued to tamper with my bracelet.

I couldn't deny I was slightly curious as to what he was going to tell me. I didn't know much history of this school. I listened as I continued to mess with the thing sealing off my powers.

Word count: 383