Part Four

After conversing for a while, we finally got to know each other. Don't get me wrong, I still didn't like him. He was an idiot and frankly, kind of annoying. But he also excelled in advanced science and graduated early. So, he's a smart idiot? My thoughts were interrupted by the loud bell. As I sighed softly and put my stuff away in my bag, I got up to leave the room before the teacher returned. However, Jadis grabbed my wrist, and I looked back at his calm smile as he let go of my wrist.

"You seem like you could use some fun. There's a back-to-school party this weekend, it'd be cool if you came," he said with that same annoying smile plastered on his face.

"I don't do parties," I said quietly as I pulled away from him, only to be followed by him as I walked away towards the class.

I wanted to tell him to go away so badly right now. He kept trying to convince me to go. I already knew my sister would LOVE to go to a party on the first day of school. I let out a soft exhale before turning back to him.

"Look, I'm not interested in getting drunk, having meaningless hookups, and getting STDs. You can go have fun though," I said calmly with a small bit of aggravation rising in my throat.

"Okay, see you there then," he said calmly despite what I just said as I sighed softly looking down at the ground.

"God, he's persistent," I mumbled to myself with a slight smile spread across my face.

I continued to navigate through the halls till I found my next class. It felt like hours of boredom, learning everything my father already taught me. I rested my head on my chin, making occasional glances down at my phone, which I was hiding in my lap. I know I'm not allowed to have my phone in class, but... I was breaking the rules because I quite literally had nothing else to do.

My eyes fell on the random text message I got, feeling my phone vibrate against my thigh. It was information on the party: when it started, when it ended, what was going to be there.

Micheal: "Who is this??"

???: "Guess 😁"

I sighed softly, knowing exactly who it was from the emoji, trying to make sure the teacher didn't see.

Micheal: "Jadis."

Jadis: 🥇🥇🏅

Micheal: "How'd you even get this number??"

Jadis: "Your sister."

Word count: 425