Part Six (End of Chapter 1)

The switch was flipped off, grabbing my attention as I turned back to see who did it. An older, dark-skinned man stepped forward, clapping his hands. The security guard's hands were behind their backs, staying still. Then I finally recognized him. He was the principal, Mr. Ryomen. He was a scientist who had won multiple prizes for being the first non-powered person to work for the Life Army.

"I'm guessing you're one of the Xenomorph kids I've heard so much about. Micheal, I'm assuming?" he asked with a calm look.

"I-... Yes, sir..." I said quietly, keeping my head down.

He began walking back into the school, and I followed quietly. The halls were now empty and quieter than usual. The only sound left was teachers chattering faintly from the classes and our footsteps echoing through the halls. Finally, Mr. Ryomen broke the silence.

"Tell me. How do your powers work?" he asked curiously, taking out a small notebook.

I looked at him with a confused look at first before glancing down at his book and seeing a few other students' names on it. We continued walking before I finally decided to speak up. My voice was quiet but loud enough for him to hear as he began writing.

"I have multiple powers revolving around the main four groups - Earth, Air, Water, and Fire. But I can also use the ones in between like sand and Metal. But if I use a power that requires something I don't have, like high muscle mass, I can risk bottoming out and end up hurting myself." I said calmly, looking at him as he wrote down what I said.

Soon we reached his office, and he went and sat down in front of his desk. He took out a slip from his desk and began writing on it. As I sat down in front of the desk, looking at him with a confused look.

"I'll be adding you to the second-year field training for a week. If you do well, then I'll see what I can do to extend it to the rest of your first year. How does that sound?" he asked curiously, with a small smile.

My body stilled, and I looked at him with a surprised look. But that soon faded out before I stood up from my seat.

"As much as I'd like to... it wouldn't be fair to my sister. She wants this just as much as I do and-" I said, interrupted by the sound of papers slipping from his desk.

"So be it then. Starting next week, your and your sister's normal gym period will be switched. You'll start participating in hero training instead." he said calmly, scribbling his initials on the paperwork.