* - ˚ʚ CHAPTER 3: Training To Be A Hero ɞ˚ - *

"I deem you worthy of my power. My Quirk is yours to inherit." All Might says in a serious tone. Keiko looks up at All Might confused, with her eyes squinting. Izuku looks up at All Might and makes a face at him.

"Huh?" Izuku blurts out. "Wait. What do you mean inherit? Inherit what?"

"You should see your face right now!" All Might boastfully laughs. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna
force this thing on you." All Might then walks closer to Izuku. "Listen well, young man." He puts his pointer finger in the air. "This is your choice. Do you wanna accept my awesome power or not?" All Might asks Izuku as he points at him and as more blood comes out of his mouth.

"Wh—What is he talking about?" Izuku asks Keiko, looking at her with his mouth slightly opened.

"I don't know. You tell me." Keiko whispers to Izuku, looking at All Might up and down.

"There are a couple things you should know about my abilities." All Might says, making Izuku gasp. "Journalists always guess my Quirk is super strength or some kind of invulnerability. When people ask in interviews, I always make a joke
and dodge the question. That's because the
world needs to believe that their Symbol of Peace
is just a natural born hero, like any of them. But I'm not. There's nothing natural about my ability.
I wasn't born with this power. It's a sacred torch
that was passed on to me from someone else."

"Someone gave you this Quirk? No way." Izuku mutters. Keiko looks at Izuku and then back at All Might.

"But, how All Might?" Keiko asked as All Might, still slightly confused.

"I can't tell unless this young boy accepts my offer." All Might tells Keiko, he then looks at Izuku. "I can give you my abilities."

"Wait. Hold on, this is a lot to process. It's true that there's a lot of debate as to what your Quirk actually is. Nobody's ever figured it out—It's one of the world's greatest mysteries. People are constantly talking about it online. But, well, the idea of passing on a Quirk or inheriting it just doesn't make any sense to me." Izuku starts to ramble, making Keiko look at Izuku a little bit annoyed.

"Uh, sounds like you're overthinking this whole "inheriting" thing." All Might bluntly says. He looks at Keiko also annoyed. "Is he always like this?"

"Mostly, yeah." Keiko looks at All Might with a blank stare.

"Stop nerdin' out!" All Might shouts, making Izuku look back up to him and gasp.

"You'll have to adjust your reality and accept this new truth! I can transfer my Quirk to someone else. And that's just one facet of my secret abilities." All Might stops for a second. "The true name of my power is One For All."

"One For All..." Izuku trails off, taking the information in.

"Yes. One person improves the power, then hands it off to another person. It continues to grow as it's passed along. It is this cultivated power that allows me to save those who are in need of a hero. The truth behind my strength." All Might explains.

"But why would you choose to give me a gift like that? What if I can't live up to it?" Izuku asks with a frown. Keiko looks at Izuku wide eyed.

"Are you kidding me?" Keiko shouts, grabbing Izuku's shoulders and shaking him again. "What do you mean by 'What if I can't live up to it'? Hm?"

All Might watches the interaction and slightly smiles. He then motions for Keiko to stop, making her stop and let go of Izuku.

"I was on a long hunt for a worthy successor. And then, I watched you jump into action as the rest of us stood idly by. You may just be a Quirkless fanboy. But you tried to save that kid. You acted like a hero." All Might praises Izuku. Izuku whimpers and gets tears in his eyes again.