Chapter 17- Adopting Kojo

I woke up super excited because mom said we might get to adopt kojo.  I got out of bed and head to the bathroom. K wash my face and brush my teeth. I head to my closet to pick out something to wear. I decided on some black biker shorts and a navy blue sweater. I take my braids out and put my hair half up half down with a claw clip. It feels like it's stabbing me in the back of my head but I don't mind. I head out into the kitchen expecting to see mom, weird she might've already left for work, I think to myself. I knock on her door and open it to see she's still sleep. I go over to the bed and lightly shake her, mom you have work, I say softly. I took today off, she says sleepily. Alright I'll cook breakfast you finish sleeping, I say as I leave her room.

I cook Grits, bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast for breakfast. I make both of our plates and fix us something to drink and put it at the bar table. I walk into her room and sit on the edge of the bed and slightly shake her, mom it's time to eat, I say. I'm coming, she says sleepily. No your not your still laying down, I say laughing. After a few minutes she sits up and rubs her eyes. See I'm up, she says. You just got up come on so we can eat, I say pulling her out of bed while laughing. You didn't have to cook so much sweetie, she says as she sits down. Mom it's your first day off since god knows when, so you deserve a good breakfast, I say while sitting next to her. Well thanks sweetie, she says. So why did you take the day off, I ask her. Because me and you are gonna spend the day together we haven't done it in a while and when you brought up getting a dog I thought we could spend the day together, she says. Aww that's sweet mom, so what are we going to do, I say. Whatever you want, she says. Whatever I want really?, I ask. Yes sweetie, whatever you want, she says with a smile.  I love you so much mom, I say. I love you more sweetie, she says. Alright I'm gonna go get dressed then we can leave okay, she says. Alright take your time, I say. As she gets ready I clean up our mess, I wash the dishes, wipe everything down, and sweep. When I'm done cleaning I go sit on the couch and text Angela.

Lucy- Good morning baby
Angela- Good morning sunshine, how'd you sleep
Lucy- I slept good how'd you sleep
Angela- I slept good too, we need to see each other again soon I haven't seen you in a week
Lucy-I know I wish I could today but I'm spending the day with Zoe, but we'll see each other tomorrow at school
Angela- I know I can't wait to see youu, so what are you doing with Zoe today
Lucy-not sure but I hope adopting kojo is on the agenda
Angela- sounds fun if you do get him let me know I wanna meet him
Lucy- of course I will I can't wait for you to meet him, but I go to go I'll text you later tell everyone I said hey
Angela- I will and tell Zoe I said hey I love you
Lucy - I love you too

Sweetie you didn't have to clean up I would've did it, she says as she walks out the room. Mom I cooked and made the mess I'm not gonna let you clean up after me, I say. Alright let's go then, she says as we both walk out the door. We decide to go to the mall and get some new clothes. We listen to the radio the whole way there singing along. It felt really good to spend time with her, we haven't had a day like this in a while. We get some new clothes and jewelry, I also get a new pair of crocs. We ate in the fox court and the headed to the animal shelter.

Once we walk in we're greeted by Alexis, I introduce her and mom to each other and we head to see kojo. Once I see him his tail immediately starts wagging. When Alexis opens the cage I go down to let kojo, but instead he jumps on my licking my face which makes everyone laugh. He rolls onto his back so I got scratch is stomach which I gladly do. He is a nice dog, mom says. I told you, can we please get him mom, I ask more like beg. Sure sweetie, she says. I jump up and pull her into a tight hug, thank you so much, I say. You're welcome sweetheart, she says hugging me back. We fill the papers out to adopt kojo and we go get a bunch of stuff for him. We get him settled into the house. I call Angela and tell her the good news and she happy for me. The day ended with all of us on the couch cuddled up watching movies.

A/N: there gonna be one more chapter to this and then im ending it srry