Nathaniel and Pip

"Robert again?" a dressmaker asked when Nancy took her phone out again.

Frustrated, it went back into her pocket. "Another text message apology.

She was more focused on the dress on the work table than Nancy. "How many does that make?"

"I'm not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's not enough."

She tried to leave at that, but the dressmaker followed her, making her stop with an inaudible groan. "So, what are you saying? That you're never going to forgive him?"

"I'm sure I will. At some point." She adjusted the blazer on a mannequin in front of her. "I mean, it's not like I'm one of those women who sit around their entire lives waiting for some perfect prince in shining armor to come take me off to his castle in the Hamptons."

The other woman nodded along, smiling sympathetically.

"I got over that fantasy a long time ago."

"You know what I think?" she asked after a moment.

Nancy looked up from the blazer, her hair perfectly placed in front of her eyes, but not so that it was blinding her. "Is that a multiple choice question?"

"I think you're a hopeless romantic who's discovered that romance is hopeless."

She raised a brow, suddenly seething. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

-

BANG BANG BANG

"Hello?" Y/n called from the other side of the bathroom door. Robert was on the other side, desperately trying to keep his voice steady.

"You know what, you gotta go. I don't know what your deal is, if you're waiting for Prince Charming -"

"Prince Edward."

"Whatever! I'll get you to a bus, a train, a plane, wherever, and then that's it! I can't get involved after that."

She came out then in a blue and white dress and a pink rose in the front, small details making up the pattern of her dress.

Robert's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the dress. It looked a little too familiar. "What is this?"

Instead of answering, Gislaine came out of Robert's room, where Y/n immediately took a jacket she had made and put it over the clothes he had found: an oversized dress-shirt and khakis that he had to loop the belt around twice.