First step

The Next Day - 7.30 a.m.

*At the police station*

Dr. Rohan found himself on the recieving end of intense stares which included two of his employers Anand and Harshavardhan Birla. It's been nearly 14 whole hours, since Dr. Abhimanyu Birla was taken, yet there were literally no ransom calls, no threats and no clues to find him. It was as if Abhimanyu has vanished into thin air. So the police wired all modes of communication to the Birlas to be quick to trace out the kidnapper's location which included Abhimanyu's phone. That's how Dr. Rohan was made to give his statement regarding why exactly he texted Dr. Abhimanyu.

Inspector: *deadly stare* Dr. Abhimanyu Birla was your senior at work, isn't he Dr. Rohan?

Rohan: *looks at Harsh and Anand* Yes sir.

Inspector: *deadly stare continues* The kidnappers did not attempt to communicate anything regarding Dr. Abhimanyu. And we recieve your text asking, I quote "Sir, are we grabbing our coffee today".

Rohan: *worried* Sir, we couldn't grab coffee last evening as Dr. Abhimanyu was in a rush. That's why I texted him to know whether will we go out for coffee today?!

Inspector: *raising eyebrows* So you have no idea about your senior's kidnapping fiasco?

Rohan: *looks at Harsh and Anand* Sir, I swear I don't know anything about this!

The police then asked Rohan to be available if they contact him for anything else regarding the case.

_________________________

9.00 a.m.

*At Abhinav's secret place*

Abhinav was casually sipping his morning coffee and typing in his PC. As the signal in his vicinity was quite weak, his search engine was loading at a snail's phase. He took a huge gulp of his aromatic coffee and finally his screen filled with his search results. He gulped his coffee down as the room filled with sound of the online live news channel.

Reporter (from the PC's screen): BREAKING NEWS! Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, a Cardiothoracic surgeon.....

Abhinav muted the video as soon as Abhimanyu's picture was displayed

Abhinav muted the video as soon as Abhimanyu's picture was displayed. For a moment he felt as it he's been watched, so Abhinav quickly turned around to face the bed Abhimanyu was resting peacefully. But indeed Abhimanyu did open his eyes for a couple of seconds when the reporter was delivering the news. Abhinav then took out his phone, and replied to the text which stated that "The police has asked the Birlas to reach out to the press about the kidnapping, to gather information from the public". Abhinav replied to the text with a simple, "Okay".

*Elsewhere - At Aarohi's hostel*

A sleep deprived and mentally exhaust Aarohi also saw the news through social media.
_________________________