[ 𝟏𝟒 ]: 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

everyone stood by the fences, they were having a funeral for dale

everyone stood by the fences, they were having a funeral for dale. carl seemed to be extra upset.

"dale could get under your skin. he sure got under mine , cause he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. how he felt. that kinda honesty is rare and brave." rick spoke.

"whenever i'd make a decision id look at dale and he'd be looking back at me with that look he had, we've all seen it one time or another." he continued.

"i couldn't always read him but he could always read us. he saw people for who they were. he knew things about us. the truth. who we really are. in the end he was talking about the group losing humanity." rick said.

"he said this group is broken. the best way to honor it is un break it. set aside our differences and pull together. stop feeling sorry for ourselves. take control of our lives. our safety. our future."

"we're not broken. we're gonna prove him wrong. from now on. we're gonna do it his way. that is how we honor dale." and with that rick finished.

the way carl was acting seemed weird to ruby he was super upset , he rarely talked to dale.

dale was a great man. ruby respected him. she just didn't agree with him sometimes.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

ruby was packing her bag , they were moving everyone into the house due to the weather getting colder. it was almost winter.

she had taken a zip lock bag to make sure her stick figures didn't get crushed. she packed her maze runner book and her colored pencils.

she was on page 327 of the book. she was getting sad because she didn't know if she would find the next few books for the sequel.

the zipper of the tent moved downwards causing ruby to look up. she saw glenn and he smiled at her before sitting on his cot.

he just stared at her while she packed her stick figures. "why don't you just get real barbie's?" glenn asked from the other side of her.

"if i'm being honest i never had a barbie. my sister did. she was the type of girl who was cookies and marshmallows type of person. i never knew what type of girl i was. or still am." ruby said sadly at the mention of her sister.

"did you have a sister?" she asked glenn changing the subject.

"i had two." glenn smiled. "i like to think there still alive." glenn softly said.

ruby liked glenn. he was nice and kind. but he was also mushy with maggie.

"me too. same with my family." ruby replied nodding her head.