6

Reece's POV:

I drove to Marjorie's nursery as fast as I could, something was wrong and I knew it. Soon after, I arrived at the nursery and opened the office to see her sat there, her eye were red and watery, her head was on the desk. She looked so drained. I immediately walked over, picked her up and sat down with her on me. I cradled her in my arms whilst hugging her body with everything that I had. "What's wrong sweetie?" I asked. She let out a phrase that broke my heart, "A parent called me fat" she told me, "you didn't believe them though... right?" I asked, already sort of knowing the answer. She nodded, implying that she believed their every word. I spotted a wine glass on her desk, "Marjorie, we talked about this sweetie." I told her, she was drinking the pain away again. She cuddled my chest and went completely silent. Autumn, walked back in the room, I saw the look on her face and even my sister looked heartbroken at the sight of Marjorie, on my lap, in my arms, bloodshot, watery eyes. Autumn didn't even know what to say she just turned Marjorie's head that was buried in my chest and said "Marjorie... it's okay, she didn't mean it she was just projecting." You know it's bad when Autumn starts comforting people, she's usually the reason that people need comforting. I'd never expect Autumn to give such advice, she must really see Marjorie as a good friend.