Chapter 3

Time flies. 

Soon seconds became minutes and hours; hours became days and weeks; weeks became months and years; and years became decades and centuries. Loki and Y/n had reached the age of adolescence. 

Both had mastered using Asgardian magic quite well, and she had even learnt a bit of runes, something that Loki admired, considering that learning runes require great sacrifice. 

After a few attempts at harming the princes and princess, presumably from the Svartalfs or the Jotuns as a part of a larger plan to take over Asgard, she had begun to join the brothers in their training and sparring, learning basic self-defense techniques with them. It was, needless to say, quite fun, and she was rather good at it.  

Loki had stared at her as she kicked the magically enhanced practice dummy in the gut, pushing it down with magic and punch it on the face. She had claimed it to be satisfying, and said she pretended that was Loki because he was very annoying, something Thor would definitely agree on. Not that she didn't call Thor annoying too. 

"Well done, Y/n!" Frigga, who was supervising, had smiled, ushering Loki on next. "Go on, Loki, it's your turn now." 

He had sighed in annoyance. He wasn't really annoyed, but instead thrilled, as this time, she would be watching. That sigh was just an act. 

Using some magic and a conjured, elaborately carved dagger, he easily beat the dummy, without much effort. His mother had then sent them off on a break, so both him and Y/n decided to take a walk in the forest. 

It was starting to get dark; the sun had begun its descent towards the horizon little over an hour ago, splashing the sky with hues of red and purple and orange and pink. They walked down the main path before taking a turn in the middle to one of the many places they had discovered whe they were younger. 

Over the chirping of birds going back to their nests and the rustling of leaves from the gentle summer evening winds, a faint, never-ending roaring sound could be heard. After pushing aside a few wines and plants, the noise increased, and they came upon the source of the sound: a rushing waterfall surrounded by dark green trees, wet rocks, and small fifteen feet long cliffs on both sided where the fall became a river, discovered by the duo a few decades ago. 

Talking merrily, laughing and smiling, they took a seat on one of the many damp rocks on the cliff that separated the forest. As the sky grew darker, a magnificent shade of dark blue and purple, the forest was filled with small, glowing lights; fireflies. They just sat there, basking in the beauty of the forest around them, taking in every thing their senses could: the sound of the waterfall, the gentle sprays of water, the bright fireflies and the trees around them. 

Loki stared at her, at her beautiful dark hair, her bright eyes and her sweet smile. He watched her as she laughed at one of his jokes, her eyes meeting his, a small smile on his lips. 

He was falling for her. And there was nothing he could do about it.