9: heart of doubt

"Mikha..." Aiah's voice echoed inside the room despite how weak and almost a whisper she had said it.

Brent move away from the girl as he put distance from both of them and faced the said woman.

"We need to talk" Unbothered by the man's existence Mikha uttered those words with authority.

Aiah who was still processing the situation wasn't able to respond so Brent step up.

"Where did you get that thick face of yours to show up here huh? " Brent's madness takes in as he recalled all the suffering his best friend had endured for a long period of time.

"I am not talking to you so get fucking lost" Mikha's voice laced with anger as he threw the guy a sharp glare.

"You f—"

"Brent " Aiah who seemed startled quickly held the man's hand to stop him from bursting when he was about to initiate a push.

The two of them stared at one another as they shared a brief communication through their eyes, Aiah shook her head at Brent, expressing her denial to the action he's about to make.

Both of them went back to reality when a scoff was heard from the red haired.

"I said we need to talk" Nauubos na agad ang pasensyang saad nito.

"Leave us, please" Aiah mumbled with a small voice

"Aiah?...." Brent was hesitant

"I'll be fine" But the brunette just assured him with a nod.

Brent sighed in defeat as he felt Aiah's hold on him loosens.

Already knowing the action, Brent went out to let the women talk.

MIKHA

"Alam mo sa sarili mo kung gaano ka kamahal ng best friend ko......"

Colet's word lingered on my mind, anger, confusion, betrayal and doubt bloomed on my mind.

"Pinaglalaruan mo ba ako?" Nakakuyom ang mga kamay kong tanong kay Aiah.

Already blocking the possible answers as I only look for my satisfaction.

Her eyes were filled with sadness, it was tender and her face pale.

"Alam mong hindi ko kayang gawin sayo yon, Mikha"

"Tangina Aiah" Tanging nasambit ko dahil sa pagkagulo.

"Iniwan mo ako...." May bahid ng hinanakit kong wika

"I have my reasons Mikha" Her voice was calm but tinged with hurt too.

The cold air from the aircon made the atmosphere even more tense. Her eyes were not on me anymore as she tried to calm herself.

"That goddammed reasons you were saying, say it now Aiah, sapat ba yang mga rason na yan para iwan mo rin ako?!" Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at napasigaw sa kanya.

"It wasn’t an easy decision pero kailangan kong layuan ka"  She took a deep breath before speaking

"I needed to find myself. Nawawala na ako sa sarili ko habang magkasama tayo dahil ang sakit Miks because I fell on you, nahulog ako sayo na dapat kaibigan ko lang"

"Alam mong mahal na mahal kita" She added

"Hindi ba sapat na rason 'yon para manatili ka?" I asked her "Why didn’t you tell me Aiah? Hindi ba ako enough reason to stay?"

"Mikha you were with Denise that time!" She hissed, finally meeting my eyes again.

"Alam mong on and off ang relationship namin ni Denise."

"And you love her Miks while I am still nothing but a friend to you"

"Ikaw lang yung takbuhan ko noon Aiah..."

"Yun mismo Mikha, paulit ulit kitang binubuo para sa ibang tao, Denise was so lucky to have you to the point na gusto kong sabihin sa sakanya na the person she broke and I thought I rebuilt broke my heart too."

"That I'd tended to fix a heart even I am not the one who'd break it." Her eyes were in pain as she said those phrases.

Natahimik ako ng makita siyang lumuha. There's something inside me that seems to be awakened as I felt the urge to hug her but I retrained myself to do so.

"But even after I felt the worst feeling in this world when I left you, after all of that painful encounter and ignorance that I have received from you, I still can't love someone else because my heart still belongs to the one who broke it, Mikha kahit ang sakit sakit na ikaw pa rin yung mahal ko...." Mahabang lintaya niya sa pagitan ng mga hikbi.

"You left me Aiah—kung kailan natutunan ko na ring mahalin ka...." Mahinang sambit ko, pikit mata matapos masabi sa kanya yung pag ibig na matagal kong itinago at sa paglipas ng panahon ay napalitan ng galit at hinanakit dahil sa kanya.

The shockness on her face were evident as she say my name.

"Mikha...."

"Hindi pa ko sigurado noon kaya mas pinili kong ibaling sa iba yung pagmamahal na dapat sayo..." I said, pain washed her eyes

"Denise came and we clicked. Akala ko kaya ko because I was assured na mananatili ka while I'm figuring out what I feel" Aminado akong gago sa punto na yon pero that's the only thing I know para iwaksi yung nararamdaman ko.

"But I am wrong kasi I learnt to love you pero huli na because you left me too, iniwan niyo akong lahat, ikaw, si Colet, Si Maloi at si Lola. I was left with no one Aiah." I fink at her, miserable and hurt.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Mikha...." She had reached my hand as I only stare at it "I'm here na ulit Ali"  She's still sobbing while I can only nod and rushed to hug her for real this time.

The way our body collided sent warm on my being, her comfort and softness that I'd also longed for years is now here.

"I'm sorry Ali...." I said as I call her with our old pet name. Pouring all the sincerity and regrets of my action towards her the past few years. The remorse of my wrong doings and harsh approach.

All the questions inside my head is now answered. The logic in my head to protect our friendship ay nasayang for so many years na dapat buo at magkasama kami.

Because I was the one who ruined the idea of us

And now, its now or never

"Let's try, Aiah. I want us to try..." I mumbled already risking for her.

I felt her nod as an answer and said nothing like she doesn't want to lose our embrace like I am.

*************
Thank you for voting, it's appreciated!

   A Love Beyond Time

  •|Genre | Romance