24: nostalgia

"Rise and shine, Ali" Mikha's soft murmurs stirred Aiah awake with a subtle smile.

"Good morning to you too, Ali" The woman smiled, memories from last night were blurry yet the feeling she felt was still there.

"How's your sleep?" The red hair asked

"Like a dream" Aiah giggled and gave her woman a quick peck. Mikha smiled at her action as they stayed in bed for a while.

"I love you Mikha" Aiah suddenly stated, Mikha stared at her this time kissing her forehead. "I'll stay here, don't leave me ha" She added.

Mikha laughed at her, rustling her hair. "I won't" She shrugs and embraces her girlfriend.

----------------------

The sun had just set, casting a warm, golden glow over the small village. Mikha and Aiah sat by the edge of the river, the soft murmur of the water a gentle backdrop to their conversation.

They had spent the day together, working side by side, sharing laughter and stories of their childhood.

As twilight deepened, Aiah turned to Mikha, her eyes reflecting the fading light. "Do you remember the first time we met here?" she asked softly, her voice tinged with nostalgia.

Mikha smiled, her gaze meeting hers. "Of course. You were chasing after that stray cat and you nearly fell into the river."

Aiah laughed, the sound like music to her ears. "And you caught me just in time. I thought you were a hero."

"I just didn't want you to get hurt," Mikha replied, her voice gentle.

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, the connection between them palpable. Mikha reached out, taking Aiah's hand in her. Her skin was warm and soft, and the simple touch sent a shiver through her.

"I've always felt safe with you, Mikha," Aiah said, her eyes searching for her.

Mikha's heart swelled at her words. She had always admired her strength, her kindness, and the way she seemed to understand her without words. "And I've always wanted to protect you" she admitted.

Aiah leaned closer, her breath mingling with the red hair. "You do. Every day." She sweetly added

The space between them seemed to disappear as Mikha cupped her face gently, her thumb brushing over her cheek. Aiah closed her eyes, leaning into her touch. She could feel her heartbeat, steady and sure, mirroring her own.

"Mikha," she whispered, opening her eyes to meet her. "I'm so grateful for you."

Before she could respond, Aiah closed the distance between them, her lips meeting her in a tender kiss. It was soft and slow, a promise of unspoken feelings and shared dreams. She felt a surge of emotion, her love for her filling every corner of her being.

When they finally pulled apart, Aiah rested her forehead against her, their breaths mingling in the cool evening air. "I'm glad we have each other" she said softly.

"Me too," Mikha replied, her voice barely more than a whisper. "Me too." Her voice was fading.

------------------------

AIAH

"Mahal can we take a photo together?" I asked her while we were walking hand in hand near the river.

"Wait let me take my cam at the car" She stated fingers sliding out of my hands.

"Aiah" A voice was heard but I couldn't contemplate where it was coming from. I closed my eyes for a while as I opened it again only to see a smiling Mikha.

She made her way back where the car had parked. I watched her take a camera and make her way back to me.

We had taken a lot of poses and photos together.

"We look so cute here" I stated

"Yeah, you look so cute" She smiled.

"Do you ever plan a future with me?" I've asked out of nowhere, those phrases slipped out my lips just like a deja vu.

"Do you?" But instead of answering me, she responded with a question too.

Narrowing my eyes as I stared at her, I chuckled to see her knitted eyebrows. "As I said nga, I always thought about it, with you syempre" Sagot ko sa kanya.

Mikha smiled at me, a genuine one, her eyes sparkling with something I can't define.

"Thank you" She muttered as she planted a kiss on my forehead. We remained sitting at the edge of the river, adoring the beautiful shade of sunset.

My head resting on her chest as her arms were wrapped around my waist. The peaceful scenary took my worries in life away.

"I want to take you somewhere" Mikha has spoken as she glanced at me.

"Where?" I asked

"Basta, c'mon, Ali" She lent me her hand as I took hers. Her smile is everything. Her eyes are twinkling.

I rifted in a hazy dreamscape, feeling the warmth of Mikha's hand intertwined with mine.

We stood up and walked through a sunlit forest, the dappled light filtering through the leaves casting a magical glow.

Mikha's laughter, a sound I had missed deeply, filled the air as we chased each other through the trees.

We reached a clearing where a crystal-clear lake shimmered. Mikha pulled me close, and we sat by the water's edge, our reflections blending together. I leaned against her, feeling the steady rhythm of her heartbeat, grounding me in.

We stayed under the stars, the moonlight shines. The breeze of the cold night envelopes my skin as her warmth never leaves mine.

Mikha stared at me with those eyes, her eyes that even the stars could envy.

"Ali" She called my name.

"Hmmm?" I hummed, playing with the rings on our fingers.

"You know that I love you right?" She said with sincere eyes.

"Oo naman, at mahal na mahal din kita" Madamdaming saad ko.

My woman smiled at me, her face was gloomy as her eyes speaks a thousand words. She had reached both of my hand. Staring deep through my eyes before she spoke.

"Aiah---Uwi na tayo..." She said as I smiled at her and nodded.

"Alright, Let's go home..." I stated as she held my hand while smiling.

**************
Thank you for voting, it's appreciated!