Prologue

Shouta looked at Hoka, crossing his arms.

"You're young. You should really-"

"Dadzawa!" Hoka cut him off, turning to him.

Gone was the teenage girl he'd taught and practically adopted, and stood the confident young woman that was a hero.

"I can't stay here forever! I'm nineteen, damn it! I appreciate all you've done for me, but...." Hoka trailed off.

"I know," Shouta sighed. "You need your own space.... And you can't do that when living with me."

Hoka smiled, Shouta ruffling her hair.

"Just promise me something, Hoka.... If anything ever happens-"

"Yeah, yeah...." Hoka said, huffing. "I got you to lean on. I know."

*Present....*

In an apartment, an alarms went off, the beeping from it ringing through the bedroom. Wings fluttered, a woman groaning as she pulled the sheets over her head.

"Shut the fuck uuuuup...." She groaned, the moth wings on her back fluttering.

The alarm turned off, and the woman slowly drifted back to sleep.... And then, five minutes later, it was back on.

"Fuck my life...." The woman groaned, getting up.

She turned off the alarm, yawning. She picked up her phone, answering the call on it.

"About time!" The voice on the other end scolded.

Hoka chuckled.

"Yukiko, hey! How are things?"

"Good! I was just talking with Daichi about his flight!"

Hoka paused.

"Wait.... Did he not tell you?"

.

"You're headed to the U.S.?!" Hoka screeched, walking over to her former classmate.

Daichi sighed, brushing his hair out of his face. He'd let it grow out since they were teenagers, his hair now resting in a messy bun. He adjusted a pair of fingerless gloves, standing to face her.

"Yeah," He answered, sighing. "Me and Haso were requested for an investigation. We're probably going to be gone for a while...."

"But who will I make fun of?!" Hoka whined, her wings lowering in response to her mood.

Daichi chuckled, saying "You know.... Everyone's been doing pretty well, Hoka. Yukiko's gotten higher in the rankings, Bouran and Toki are married, Hibana's been getting more therapy recently-"

"What's your point?"

Daichi sighed. His expression turned more serious, the man crossing his arms.

"Hoka, forgive me, but lately it seems that you're the only one who's remained stagnant." He voiced, frowning.

"The fuck?! I'm the number thirteen hero!"

"Yeah, and you're still stuck. When's the last time you've went on a date? Do normal things? Hero work cannot keep taking up your life as it is!" Daichi responded. He placed a hand on her shoulder, adding "And while I know that you're still learning, hell, we all are.... You're still falling behind."

Hoka scoffed. She then sighed, smiling at him, wrapping him in a hug.

"Don't get killed in America, Daichi.... Who else can hack into the WiFi when I need them to?" Hoka said, pulling back.

Daichi punched her in the shoulder playfully, responding "Very funny...."

He started walking away, Hoka yelling "And tell your dumbass husband I said hi!"

.

Hoka sighed, entering her apartment. She grabbed the edge of her shirt, ready to strip out of her hero costume, when-

"I would ask that you remain clothed in my presence."

Hoka shrieked, whipping around to see one Shouta Aizawa sitting on her couch.

"Dadzawa?! How did you get into my house?! Better question, why are you in my house?!" Hoka yelled.

"One, stop yelling. Two, this is an apartment, not a house." Shouta responded, sipping on a cup of coffee, the mug reading 'World's Best Dad'.

"And you're drinking my coffee?!"

"Hush."

He put down the coffee cup, motioning for her to sit down.

"As for why I'm here.... Nezu has ordered that I take a vacation. He worries that I'm over working myself." Shouta said, sighing.

"Wait.... But.... Didn't your classes start a week ago?"

"Yeah. Which is part of why I'm here.... I want you to substitute until I'm back."

As Hoka processed those words, Shouta took out several papers and documents, placing them next to him.

".... You want me to what?" Hoka finally ground out.

"I want you to watch my students while I go on a much needed vacation. It's only for a few months-"

"MONTHS?!" She shrieked.

Shouta crossed his arms, saying "Look, I understand that you've got other priorities, but it's not as if you'll be alone. The other staff will be happy to help, and it won't be for too long."

Hoka groaned. She huffed, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Come on, dad, don't make me do this." The young woman whined.

"Too late. Nezu approved of it."

"... Fuck you."

Shouta took out a small hammer, handing it to her as he stood up.

".... Why did you give me a hammer?"

Shouta grinned.

"So you can build a bridge and get over it."

Hoka's face portrayed her complete feeling of betrayal as her old teacher jumped out her window, cackling like a villain.