23 | Singhanias Mystery

DecemberBangalore, India

December
Bangalore, India

Aryan's POV

"Good afternoon. How can I help you?" The receptionist greets me as soon as I step into the Singhania Corporation Office. I put on a polite smile, "Good afternoon. I'd like to meet Aarav Singhania."

She knits her brows in confusion, and I reach into my pocket for my ID as I was not wearing my uniform to not pull attention on me. "Do you have an appointment, sir?" she asks politely, clicking away on the laptop in front of her. I shake my head and show her my ID. "I'm from the CBI. I'm here to talk about his wife, Rhea Singhania. I'd like to meet him as soon as possible."

Her eyes widened as she took a good look at my ID. She straightens up and picks up the intercom. "Hello? Good afternoon, Rohan. There's a police officer here who wants to meet Mr. Singhania on an urgent basis." She listens for a moment, then adds, "Yes, it's quite important and it's regarding Mrs. Singhania."

I wait patiently, glancing around at the luxurious office. After a few beats of silence, she turns back to me. "You can meet him, sir," she says, waving at someone behind me. I turn to see a bulky, stoic-faced man walking toward us.

"Take him to Mr. Singhania's cabin, Mathew," she instructs. He gives her a curt nod. "This way, sir," he says, leading me toward the elevators. Once inside, he presses the floor button and we wait in silence.

When we reach the floor, the elevator doors open to an almost empty space, save for a few cubicles and a large door at the end of the hallway. As I step out, a man hurries towards me, slightly out of breath. "I am Rohan, Secretary. Mr Singhania just came out of a meeting. Can you please wait for some time, sir?" he asks.

I nod. "Sure."

He gestures toward a nearby couch. "Please take a seat here. I will be right back," he says before quickly disappearing down the hallway.

I sit down on the plush couch, glancing around at the quiet, opulent office. The minutes tick by, and I take a deep breath, preparing myself for the conversation ahead.

I was surprised when I learned about Rhea's accident and discovered that it was connected to my own. Both Rhea and I had accidents on the same day, though at different times. It seemed too coincidental to ignore. From my intel, I found out that she recently met Abhishek in New York. This made me think that talking to her might lead us somewhere significant.

After a few moments, the man returns, looking more composed and relieved than before. "Mr. Singhania is ready to see you now," he says, leading me down the hallway to the large door. He opens it, revealing a spacious yet messy room. Files are scattered on the floor, as if someone threw them in a fit of anger. It amuses me slightly.

"Thank you," I tell the man before entering the cabin. My eyes go to the corner of the room, where Aarav Singhania stands. I recognize him from his recent shocking marriage to Dr. Rhea Aggrawal. Their secret relationship, revealed by an anonymous source, had caused quite a stir in the gossip media. I remove my shades and meet his gaze.