24 | Drunk Nights

DecemberBangalore, India

December
Bangalore, India

Aryan's POV

My heart pounds as Aira leans in closer, her breath is warm against my lips, and I struggle to keep my composure. The alcohol has stripped away her usual barriers, leaving her raw and vulnerable. I know I need to be careful, to handle this moment with the delicacy it deserves.

"Aira," I murmur, my voice low and shaky. "You're drunk." She doesn't respond but her lips are so close to mine.

"So what?" she whispers back, her lips brushing mine ever so slightly. The contact sends a jolt through me, but I know I have to stay in control.

"So, you might regret this tomorrow," I say gently, placing my hands on her shoulders to steady both of us. The last time we were like this we had a misunderstanding.

I take a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. "Let's get you some food," I suggest gently, hoping to distract her, so that food can soak up the alcohol and give her some time to sober up.

She nods, still looking dazed. "Yeah, food sounds good," she agrees, wetting her lips.

We turn our attention back to the bar, and I flag down the bartender. "Excuse me, can we get the food she ordered earlier?" I ask, pointing to Aira.

The bartender nods and heads to the kitchen. Aira leans against me, her head resting on my shoulder. I can feel her breathing start to even out, and I hope that some food will help her feel better.

A few minutes later, the bartender returned with a plate of nachos which was seasoned. Aira's eyes light up at the sight of the food, and she immediately digs in. I watch her, relieved to see her eating.

"How is it?" I ask, trying to keep the conversation light.

"Delicious," she mumbles between bites. "You should try some," she says pushing the plate my way.

I take a nacho from the plate and eat it, nodding in agreement. "Not bad," I say with a smile pushing the plate back to her side.

We sit there in comfortable silence for a while, Aira focused on her food and me just keeping an eye on her. As the plate starts to empty, I can see her starting to relax but still tipsy.

"Feeling better?" I ask softly.

She nods, a small sultry smile tugging at her lips and I look away flagging down the bartender to pay the bill. After paying the bill, I help her up, and we make our way out of the club.

As we make our way through the crowded bar, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. Relief that I've found her, guilt that she felt the need to drink so much, and something else- a warmth in my chest from her proximity, from her trust in me.

We step outside, and the cool night air hits us. Aira shivers slightly, that's when I notice she is in a black cotton saree and I wrap my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to my side hoping she gets some warmth, leading her to my car.