48. Be My Girlfriend

I was supposed to enjoy it in Miami.

But here I was, crying my eyes out of their socket after locking up myself in my hotel room.

"He doesn't love me!" I cried out.

"Just shut the fuck up. It's all his fault. Why the fuck you locked yourself up? He'll definitely pay for this." Reema's voice boomed from my phone.

"I've got an idea! " Marjan chirped.

"What idea?" I lazily rolled over the mattress.

"Make him jealous." Marjan propounded.

"Huh, no way. I'm not gonna do that again. Once I wanted to make him jealous but I made things turn wrong and got into big trouble. Nick beat the shit out of that man." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"But this is the only way you can make him feel worse. Just put on a short sexy dress and go to a club and flirt with some man. I'm sure Nicolas will follow you and he'll realize how it feels to see your lover grinding on someone else." Reema cackled.

"Yeah, when he can sleep with other women while you are suffering, you obviously can do it. He doesn't deserve your trust and loyalty. If I were there, I would kill that bastard for making you suffer like that."  Marjan said furiously.

They were right. I'd make him suffer like me. How dare he?

"Okay, girls. It's time to make him pay for what he did." I smirked mentally.

"Wish you the best! " Marjan and Reema giggled.

After ending the call, I stared at the ceiling. They're right. It's all his fault but I locked myself up for nothing.

It had been one day since I left Nicolas in that odd club.

My parents tried their best to get me out of my room, but they failed. I told my mother that I had my period and I wasn't feeling well. And thank God, she believed me and stopped disturbing me.

After that incident, I hadn't seen a glimpse of Richard. I was so ashamed of myself. That innocent man deserved an apology. So I thought I would apologize to him.

As the darkness devoured nature, I finally decided to get up from the bed. What happened wasn't my fault. It was so unfair to punish myself when Nick was the one who made everything difficult.

I took a long breath and stood in front of the mirror. I looked so messed up. I even couldn't recognize myself. Within one day, I made myself look like a beggar. Even beggars would look better than me.

Sigh.

Entering the bathroom, I washed my face with a cleanser and then applied some toner and serum to hydrate my skin. After applying moisturizer and lip balm, I left the bathroom.

I called room service to deliver my food to my room early as I skipped lunch.

As I finished eating, I sat beside the window and looked at the sea beach. The calm breeze was soothing my mind. People were having parties, walking on the white sand, and gossiping beside the sea beach. Everyone seemed carefree.

I should have been carefree like them. I should have traveled around the city and tried different delicious food.

But my mind was occupied by Nicolas.

Although I was mad at him, I wanted to see him again. But my sanity wasn't allowing me to do that.

I thought and thought.

A devilish smile appeared on my face as an idea popped into my head.

I ran toward the closet and pulled out my dress one by one. Finally, I found a beautiful red colored short dress which I got on my seventeenth birthday from Reema. I had never got a chance to wear that dress but tonight was perfect to wear.