overthink 4

Pam and Jim talked about polygamy literally the whole night, cried, laughed and all that stuff that happens when you discover your preferences while talking to a friend, oddly specific, but they certainly discovered ONE important thing, they loved each other the same way they loved Dwight, after all the drama with their own likes and dislikes, the only thing they had to do now was asking Dwight and... It would be hard as hell.

"So... This sounds pretty bad because we're full grown people, and we sound as High schoolers...ugh"

Jim said, distracting a little about the main topic

"Jim, we talked about this!, concentrate!"

Pam said in a louder tone than Jim's, but in a funny way

"Oh yes, sorry, so... This sounds weird because of what I said but, what's the plan? "

Jim said, they already had confessed their feelings for each other, but they had to have a completely different process with Dwight, he wouldn't talk by himself, they had to make him spit it!...somehow

"Oh... That's a hard one, but... I think we'll flirt with him, then I'll talk with him about my feelings, if our hypothesis is right, he'll tell me he's confused or whateva, and then you'll come up from anywhere and tell him about your feelings, and we'll tell him he doesn't need to choose, and it will all be perfect!"

Pam said with her eyes glowing, it was too perfect to be true, but they hadn't any other ideas

"Sounds perfect... But it's not really... Emmm... How can i say it... "

"Realistic? "

"Yes!... I'm sorry but even though he's open to new ideas... He's way too traditional and stuff... He's... Odd"

They had no idea what they would do, it was so hard for them to predict Dwight, him by himself said he was completely unpredictable, but saying the obvious wouldn't help, so they started to think, more and more

"So, we know Dwight has this... Eccentric way to be, he doesn't know ANYTHING about modern day, right?, but!... He's open to completely new ideas, aww... He's so tractable sometimes... Anyways!, i could explain him what polygamy is first, and then, after some weeks of flirting, we'll tell him!, does that sounds less fanciful? "

Pam said, trying to be as realistic as possible

"Ummm...it does sounds workable... "

Pam flushed at the thought of jim thinking she had good ideas, she always thought about jim as a super creative guy, that was one of the things she loved the most about him, the feeling of the creativest guy she knew saying her idea was good was just so flattery for her

"I think we can try that, and if it doesn't work out... I don't really know"

Jim said, they had already talked about it, but the feeling of doubt wouldn't let him alone

"Ah, if it doesn't work out we'll just move on, okay? Let's not think about it, we can do this"

Pam said trying to comfort her mate, it was hard to comfort him when she had her doubts too, but she always tried to help and comfort him, even though she felt bad too, after all, he would do the same thing for her.

Some days flew and Pam and Jim were carrying out their plan, some touches here or there, some compliments, some flirt, all that stuff you would do in high school to make your crush fall in love, it was so exciting and funny at the same time for the two love birds.

Dwight on his part, couldn't believe he was so happy and so confused at the same time on his life, he was happier than ever, he had his best friend again, Jim wasn't bothering him, his sale streak was higher than ever... But, he felt confused too, it wasn't like a silly type of confusion, like confusing Justin Bieber with Justice Beaver, it was thinking about Pam and Jim making out in a nasty way type of confusion, he liked thinking about Pam on a sweet way, but he also liked to think about Jim, who was LITERALLY his worst enemy, on that way too, it was pissing him off, not so hard as before with pam, but it was the fact of he liking two people at the same time, completely monogamy-breaking, specially because one of them was a male,what bothered him, it wouldn't be so hard to believe for himself to like two girls at the same time, but a guy? Weird.

Pam was objectively attractive, and a good person/friend, but Jim? He didn't even knew how to keep his hair straight or how to stop making that silly ugly face he does all the time to the camera, it seems like a tic!, anyways, Jim had absolutely no right to drain into Dwight's romantic thoughts!, how dare him?, Jim had spent most of his useful life on Dunder Mifflin just pranking him! It was so stupid for Dwight to like that kind of unprofessional guy, but there was something on Jim that actually attracted Dwight, was it something on his silly smile? Or was it something deeper? Like... Dwight always liked attention, not so much as michael, but he definitely enjoyed to be seen, specially on a grand way, but... Jim always gave him all that attention he wanted in a way, Jim always staring at him, calling pam just to play pranks on him... It was so amazing the amount of time Jim always spent on Dwight, learning weird facts about him, how Jim knew Dwight so good he could prank him... It was certainly amazing.

Dwight, without firstly realizing, just solved his own question, why did he liked Jim?, there it was his answer, and for Pam he needed no answer, she was a literal angel! Well, yes she was annoying sometimes, with all the accomplicing Jim's pranks thing, but he LOVED to spend time with her, even if it was the weirdest thing, like showing her an iPod case or comforting her after Jim acted like an ass, it was so obvious why he liked her, but after all it was the same on Jim's case.

At 11am, almost right after his meditation about his feelings, pam came into the break room, to have lunch with Dwight, as usual, Dwight had the best ability to pretend and act normal, so he just acted like he definitely didn't thought about her and Jim making out before.

The conversation went cool and chill, no complicated stuff, just eating and talking about life, but in the weirdest plot of a conversation he had ever experimented, Pam started to talk about polygamy, as if she was sent by god or something, Dwight knew a lot about polygamy, he knew some farmers that had polygamous relationships, it was pretty common on agriculturists to have multiple partners, like lions, on the less savage possible way, anyways, he knew everything about polygamy and he told himself stupid because he didn't saw the answer to his problema when it was in front of his eyes! Polygamy!

"Emmm, Dwight are you okay? "

Pam said, she saw Dwight's face changing from a normal face to a relieved one

"Oh yes, better than ever, why? "

"It's just that... When I mentioned polygamy you seemed like relieved or something"

"Ohhh- yes, it's nothing to worry about right now, keep talking, don't worry"

Dwight said while having that mischievous face he always does when he's planning something, he wasn't confused anymore, it seemed stupid the way he realized about it, but it just wasn't, there was no need to be worried... At least if Jim liked guys too, but the 'falling in love with two people' part was solved by now, pam didn't knew anything about Dwight's thoughts, but she felt a little excited when she saw Dwight so natural at the thought of polygamy, her plan was going right like she wanted, she didn't expected Dwight to be so open about it to be honest, he thought he wouldn't knew about it or something, she underestimated how diverse could farm marriages be.

_____________________________________
Jam here!, sorry if this one is short too, I wrote it in the morning energy boost, anyways, thanks for reading and I apologize for any mistake on my grammar or orthography :) 💖