Harmony

Warning: SMUT

Y/n's POV

"A jilted groom. A broken-hearted bride-to-be. A royal wedding in shambles. Sensational? Quite. But true? This author may traffic in chatter and speculation, dear reader, but misinformation? Never. Explanations of why Miss Edwina absconded from the altar may be greater in number than anyone could possibly fathom. But we must not forget, it was Her Majesty the Queen who placed the young miss on that special stage so that she could make her grand exit. Allow this author to hope...for Her Majesty's sake, as well as both the Sharmas and Bridgertons, that an official explanation emerges swiftly, lest the ton are run away by their tawdry imaginings."

"I cannot imagine what those families are going through right now. I feel for them," my mother confessed. "Perhaps we shall send them a gift? That would put a smile on their faces."

"Why not just visit them in person?" I quiz.

"And become a part of that scandal? Heavens no. We have been through enough. A promenade, then," my mother suggested. "It is so beautiful outside, and you've been cooped up here all night. We shall leave within the hour. I expect you to be ready."

"I suppose the fresh air is helping my mood," I admit as my mother and I strolled around the park. "It has been a long couple of days, and this is just the relaxation I needed."

"You know, the end of the season is near," my mother brought up. "Have you thought any more about pursuing Colin?"

"Can I be honest with you, mama?" I ask.

"Certainly, dear," my mother answered.

"I do not have feelings for Colin," I reveal. "Nor does he have any for me. In fact, he is one of my best friends, and for you to push him upon me and want for him to be my husband....that is not a life I wish to live. I want to find a true love match, and if I need a second season to do so, then a second season on the marriage mart I shall face. I know that is not what you and papa want for me but-"

My mother cut me off. "Y/n, I have come to realize that I have not been the best mother to you during this season. I wanted you to have what your father and I had when we first met. The two of us met during the very first ball of my first season, and we were inseparable after that. I guess that cannot happen to everyone. And I see that by pushing you, I have made you not want to be apart of the Ton at all. I am very sorry for that."

"It is okay, mama," I assure her. "I do very much want to find a husband, but I would like to do so on my own time and will."

"And you shall. I have faith that you will find yourself a wonderful suitor and future husband," my mother put forth.

"Mother, look! The Bridgertons!" I point out as I spotted the family walking up ahead. "We should say hello?"

"What did I say earlier, Y/n? We will not get ourselves involved in their scandal," my mother repeated. "I see the Featheringtons up ahead. Why don't we say hello to them? Or the Cowpers?"

"I'd rather speak to the Bridgertons. Feel free to stay behind, mother," I tell her before hiking up my dress to run over to the large family. "Colin! Benedict! Wait up!"

"Morning, Y/n," Benedict greeted. "How are you today?"

"Wonderful now that I've seen you both," I beam.

"Y/n, you look lovely, as always," Violet complimented as she clutched hold of Anthony's arm.

"So you do and the rest of your family," I return.