I am

The receptionist lady stood back, gasping loudly as she watched me hurdle myself behind her desk and crouch, hiding. she begins to speak

"ma'am?!" she breathes, looking at me as if I was a wild animal.

I shush her, hoping she'd see the level of the situation through the fear I was sure would be showing in my eyes. Fucking Tom Kaulitz had walked through the doors. Ironic- I'd come here to find out where he was, and my plan had worked, too well.

What the fuck am I gonna do?!  I think to myself as my face contorts and I begin to tremble, throwing my head back to rest it against the desk, in an attempt to think quickly. He cant find me here, God knows what he'll do.. kill me?

I hear as Valentina's heels tap closer and closer towards the desk, surely followed by Tom. Why the fuck was he even with her?! Probably fucking business, Idiot Eris, why didn't you think of that?!

"Mrs Kelly.." the receptionist says, her voice wavering, I look up to see the receptionist, her brow furrowed as she momentarily looked down at me, I shake my head at her, begging that she wouldn't snitch. But even with her subtly winking at me and turning back to Valentina, the receptionists face was giving away far too much, she looked as if she'd just seen a ghost. Valentina being the sharp lady she was would most definitely pick up on that.

"Miss Rodriguez, where is my daughter?" Valentina questions, her voice like a blade, slicing through the tension.

"Ehhh- sorry Mrs, she left in a hurry." The receptionist stutters, I let out a hushed sigh of relief, slowly wiping my brow.

"I thought you didn't have any kids Valentina" Tom speaks now, his voice, I'd not heard it in.. 4 weeks, his voice on its own was enough to send a wave of electricity into my heart, my stomach wretched, and rather than butterflies, it felt as if a furious swarm of wasps were trying to exit my body.

"I dont have a daughter, which is why me and my client have come, Mrs Rodriguez, who was here?" Valentina says once more, her voice getting even louder as she must've leant over.

A pause, before I realised, The receptionist had no reason to hide me, a few mumbles and whispers followed before.

"Girl, hiding behind my desk, stand up now!" Valentina orders, Fuck, not only was I terrified, this was humiliating, I'm sat hiding like a wounded animal. I take a deep breath, I am the sister of Angelo Lovell, the rightful leader of the snipers, if I am to die, the least I can do is fight.

One thing I'd learnt whilst living in Mexico, Tijuana to be exact, is in nice shops like this it was standard for workers to have a gun under the desk, I breath and in one swift movement I sweep my hand along the side of the desk and hope that there's a gun.

My fingers slide across the cold polished wood, they keep sliding, no gun..

until- got it. I feel the cold metal as i grab the pistol strapped underneath the desk, grabbing it a stand in an instant, pointing it at Tom.

He looks up from his phone, as his eyes meet mine.

His face drops, his mouth opens slightly as he looks at me in shock- which lightened my heart slightly to see his first thought was not anger- maybe he wouldn't kill me..

PSA-  please read

i'm sorry for the shortened chapter, however i had good news!
I've finally finished my finals which means no more school or studying and from now on there will be a new chapter every 3 days!
I will also work on making each chapter longer as i've been listening to your input!
keep the recommendations coming because i try my hardest to make this a story each reader loves! thank you for your patience whilst ive been on a temporary hiatus 🫶🏼