38. Karv

𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Sheya -

Tapping on the notebook, my heart lingered on that name.

I don't want to, but it's hard to stay away from that topic.

It's been two days, but I haven't had the courage to ask about that girl.

If I were to share my feelings with already resigned men. No!

Is my luck really that bad? He treats you like a little friend, but you're the one who took him so seriously.

But all his efforts, which made my heart race, were they just because of friendship?

Sheya! Stop it. Focus on your studies. They're more important. I won't let these thoughts take over my mind.

Meanwhile.
Author

In the quiet room, he was lost in his thoughts.

Today, he sent men to hijack their truck again.

But he wasn't feeling good about it. He was getting all the information secondhand.

Karv received a grim update from his members.

They had discovered another of Verma's human trafficking operations, and he had sent Dhruv and the others to handle it.

However, Karv was detained by urgent matters but instructed them to keep him posted.

As his team arrived at the location, they encountered men guarding the area.

A fight ensued, and it quickly became evident that they had walked into a trap.

Verma's men overpowered them, capturing two of Karv's members.

Dhruv, panicking, managed to send a desperate message to Karv.

detailing the disastrous turn their operation had taken. They had walked into a trap set by Verma.

His men were captured, and Dhruv was terrified.

Karv's pulse quickened as he read the message, each word igniting a fire within him.

He couldn't afford to lose any more men, and he certainly couldn't lose Dhruv.

Without wasting a moment, Karv set off, his mind a storm of fury and determination.

The drive felt agonizingly slow, each second ticking by with the weight of his friends' lives hanging in the balance.

As he approached the location, a sense of foreboding settled over him.

He parked a distance away and approached on foot, his eyes scanning for any sign of danger.

The place was an old, abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of the city, perfect for illicit activities hidden from prying eyes.