6.

"Are you not coming home with me?" Shubman asked.

"No, I have to complete an assignment. I'll stay at the library for a while," Abhishek replied, picking up his bag as they walked out of the class.

"Okay, then bye, see you soon," Shubman smiled as he walked towards the other direction to go home.

Abhishek sighed as he strode towards the library of their campus. It's been long he had been procrastinating on this project, it was about time he complete it.

Reaching the library, he settled on a seat on the far corner, getting out his laptop and working on his assignment. Almost working for more than half an hour, he got up to go search for a book he needed some help from.

As soon as he went to the psychology section, he bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't saw you,"

Abhishek looked up at the person, recognising him to be a senior, Mayank Markande, "It's okay, I wasn't paying attention as well,"

"What are you looking for?" Mayank asked, noticing that the guy was trying to find something.

"Synchronicity by Carl Jung," Abhishek replied.

"Oh, I just saw that book in the third shelf," Mayank smiled.

"Oh, really? Thank you," Abhishek smiled, looking in that particular shelf and finding the book immediately.

Mayank was just about to leave before he froze, his widened eyes stuck on the guy's nape.

Abhishek turned around after retrieving the book, giving Mayank a confused look at his shocked face, "What?"

"Your- your soulmark," Mayank whispered, his voice barely audible.

Abhishek's hand went to his nape, touching the mark, "Yeah, what about it?" He asked, confused.

"It's- it's," Mayank took a deep breath, trying to compose himself, "It's the same as mine,"

"WHAT?" Abhishek exclaimed, his eyes wide enough for his eyeballs to fall out of his sockets.

Mayank nodded, turning around to show Abhishek his own soulmark that was also located on his nape, two small beautiful butterflies flapping their wings.

"So, you are my soulmate," Abhishek mumbled after a while, almost to himself. OH, MY GOD!!!

Mayank nodded, muttering quietly, "Seems like it," GOODNESS, I MIGHT FAINT!!!

"What are you doing here?" Abhishek asked after a long moment of silence.

"Um, I was just here to read for a while. Why?" Mayank replied.

"Well, I'm working on my assignment here. You can sit with me while you read," Abhishek offered hesitantly, "Only if that's fine with you," He added immediately.

"Oh, okay. Yeah, it's fine," Mayank mumbled, giving Abhishek a small smile while walking with him.

During the long hour they sat there, none of them was able to focus on their own tasks as they kept stealing glances at each other secretly, their hearts thudding loudly in their chests at the prospect of finally having to met their soulmates. Once or twice their eyes met across the table but they just looked at one another for a second before immediately looking down with a shy smile.

Abhishek had never even imagined that Mayank could be his soulmate. He almost saw the man everyday but never really talked to him. Mayank has also only heard about the guy from Anaya since she had a class with him and that woman literally knows everyone.