7.

"Guys, I have a news," Abhishek muttered when the three of them were having their dinner together as usual. Ishan and Shubman looked up at him from their food.

"Spill it," Shubman said.

"I found my soulmate," Abhishek revealed, barely able to keep the wide smile off his face.

"OH, MY GOD!! REALLY? WHEN, HOW AND WHO?" Ishan and Shubman shouted at the same time.

Abhishek chuckled, "Calm down, you both," He said, but he himself wanted to shout at the top of his lungs.

"Spill the details, Abhi," Ishan urged, "Fast,"

"Okay I met him at the library," Abhishek started, a shy smile appearing on his lips as he recalled the encounter, "It's Mayank,"

Ishan's eyes widened slightly, "Mayank as in Mayank Markande?"

"Yeah," Abhishek nodded with a smile.

"Oh my God, Mayu found his soulmate, I'm so happy," Ishan exclaimed, a bright smile smearing his face as he fished his phone out to text his friend a congratulations.

"Mayu? You guys call him Mayu?" Abhishek asked, God, he wanted to know everything about his soulmate, just the thought of getting to know his likes, dislikes, habits, things that makes him smile, everything was already making him feel so giddy.

"Yeah," Ishan replied as he finished texting, "You should call him that as well. I think he'll love it, you can call him after dinner, he's usually free this time,"

"Um," Abhishek mumbled, "I don't have his number actually, I forgot to ask for it,"

"It's okay, lemme send it to you," Ishan smiled, sharing the contact number to Abhishek.

"Well, I'm done with my food so I'm going," Abhishek mumbled as he left the table hurriedly, not without hearing the teasing remarks from his friends about being too eager.

-

Abhishek dialled Mayank's number, staring at the screen for more than ten minutes, completing on whether he should call or not. He wanted to talk to Mayank, there wasn't any doubt about that, but he was nervous, his heart beating too fast he felt he would faint.

"Fuck it," He mumbled to himself, finally hitting the call button. Keeping the phone to his ear, he waited, his heartbeat in his ears. Mayank picked up on the third ring.

"Hello, who's this?" He heard from the other side.

"Hii," Abhishek mumbled, gulping.

"Abhi? Is this you?" Mayank said and Abhishek could hear the smile in his voice, his heart undoubtedly skipped a beat knowing Mayank immediately recognised his voice.

"Yeah, how are you?" Abhishek asked, sitting down on his bed.

"I'm fine," Mayank smiled, "Even better now that you called," He added quietly.

Abhishek couldn't contain his smile as butterflies danced in his stomach.

"How did you get my number?" Mayank asked.

"Ishan gave it to me,"

"Ah," Mayank mumbled, "I'm glad he did,"

"Mayu-"

"Wait, what did you say?" Mayank cut him off, his smile threatening to split his face as he heard the nickname that only his closest people call him from his soulmate.

"Mayu? That's your nickname, na?" Abhishek mumbled, "Is there any problem?"

"No, not at all," Mayank smiled, waving his hand as if Abhishek could see him, "I just like it,"

"Okay, I'm glad you do," Abhishek mumbled, looking down shyly.

They didn't know how long they spent talking to each other, probably the whole night and still that didn't seem enough for them. They even fell asleep while still on the phone, eager for the next day so they could meet each other.

-

Ishan finally got up from his study table after completing his assignment. Through his slightly open door, he could see that the light of Shubman's room was opened. Sometimes, Ishan feels that the man definitely have insomnia but then again, the stress and too much anxiety could make anyone insomniac.

He decided to go to his room to see if he's actually awake. From the past few months that he'd been here, he had grown a lot closer to Shubman so it was natural to feel worried for him.

He knocked twice before entering since the door wasn't locked.

Shubman looked up at him from his phone, "Oh, hii, Ish. Why are you still awake?"

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?" Ishan mumbled, approaching him and taking a seat on the bed.

"I just couldn't sleep," Shubman shrugged with a smile.

"Something's bothering you?" Ishan asked softly.

"Not really, bas aise hi," Shubman smiled, he felt really grateful for Ishan, he always cared even if he didn't need to. It always made Shubman feel warm.

"Do you have insomnia or something?" Ishan asked.

Shubman chuckled, "No, not really insomnia. I do have some sleeping problems though,"

"Is it serious?" Ishan asked, concerned.

"No, not really," Shubman smiled, "Don't worry,"

"I told you, you can come to my room if you can't sleep," Ishan mumbled, making himself comfortable on the bed, "Why didn't you?"

"I didn't wanted to bother you,"

Ishan rolled his eyes, "Shut up, you're not bothering me. Chup chap come to my room next time you have trouble sleeping, got it?"

"Okay, sir," Shubman chuckled.

"Let's play fifa if you still can't sleep," Ishan said, playing a random song on his phone and getting their controllers.

'You don't have to, Ish." Shubman mumbled, "You can go sleep,"

"Don't worry, I'm not sleepy as well," Ishan said, tossing him his controller, "Get ready to lose,"

"I'm not losing," Shubman muttered as the game started.

They played so many rounds and every time Shubman lost. It was probably their 8th or 9th game when he finally won one.

"Yayy, I won," He cheered, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I let you win," Ishan muttered.

"Oh, please. I won by myself, don't be jealous now," Shubman mumbled, sticking his tongue out at Ishan.

Ishan rolled his eyes, "One time, you won just one time,"

"I still won," Shubman giggled.

Oh, darling, all of the city lights
Never shine as bright as your eyes,

The song boomed from Ishan's phone as he involuntarily found his gaze drawing to the man's laughing face. His pretty-pretty dimples peeked out, eyes squinting into crescent moons. He has beautiful eyes. He thought without even realizing, he felt captivated by the man's beautiful brown orbs. Ishan's gaze flickered to his lips, getting stuck for a second before he snapped out of his thoughts.

"What happened, Ish?" Shubman asked, concerned, noticing that Ishan's face had drained of all the colour, and he looked horrified, "Are you okay?"

"Yea- yeah," Ishan stuttered, "I just remembered I have a paper due tomorrow and I haven't written a single word," He lied, getting up from the bed.

"I have to go," He added, hurrying out of the room without even looking back at Shubman once.

God, Ishan, what the fuck were you doing? He chided himself mentally, his heartbeat in his ears. God, this is not right, it's going very wrong. This need to stop. I can't let that happen.