𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟽𝚝𝚑

Peysle Cafe, I hate that name it's so uncreative, so obvious, so simple, granted that was most of Peysle though, Peysle Barber Shop, Peysle Grocery Store, Peysle Boutique, Peysle Library. It bothers me because there are so many words in this world, and when you make something, build something, you can name it anything, the world is quite literally your oyster, so why not name what's yours something that actually matters?

I'm probably reading into it too far. But I rest my case, at least outsiders will have a way of making sure they're still in Peysle.

But to be fair, I don't know what I'd name Peysle Cafe if given the chance. Not Peysle Cafe that's for sure.

"You should have seen him, Giselle," I'm snapped out of my daze by Rina, she's shaking someone's drink. 

Rina is the owner of Peysle Cafe's niece, we had a class together in 10th grade. We're not best friends but we talk here and there. She tells me about all her boyfriends, who aren't actually her boyfriends, but she swears they will be one day, but then again she's sworn the same thing since 10th grade. She's never had a boyfriend but apparently she had a husband in preschool, the same husband is also her now best friend, I swear they're in love, and it's only a matter of time before they realize it themselves.

"Rina, you think every guy is a model, even the ones that look like inbred rats." I point out.

"Rats are cute!" She protests, giving me a look, like me saying otherwise was offensive. "But I'm being serious, this guy was like a walking wet dream. He had brown hair, that looked so soft, and shiny, and he had blue eyes, and he was tall, lean, and dressed like he'd come straight out a catalog, he looked like a prince, sweet but damn hot, think Liam but 10 times better," she sighs dreamily. "I want him...so bad."

I shake my head a soft smile on my lips, Liam was the guy everyone had a crush on, he was arguably the most beautiful man in Peysle, shame he moved for college, but to say this mystery guy was 10x better was putting him up there. I'd only seen one guy better looking than Liam, the guy from yesterday, now that guy, was straight out of a catalog.

"I'm gonna marry him," Rina declares.

"Like anyone would marry you," A familiar baritone voice pipes in. Asher rests his forearms on the counter, flashing a wink my way. I can't help but smile. 

I've had a crush on Asher since forever, he's Rina's cousin. He's got the cutest brown eyes, curly hair, and his abs don't hurt either.

Rina's expression sours, though it doesn't reach her eyes. "Go away, idiot, this is a girls talk."

"Ask me if I care." Asher says before turning to me. He smiles, his cute tooth gap showing. If only he wasn't 22. "You coming to today's party?"

"For you?" I smile. "Of course."

He laughs, he's not bothered by my "flirting" because it's a joke to him. I'm a joke to him. 

"Ew." Rina says, before gasping. "Look there he is." She points, my eyes follow, a familiar face walks through the doors, it's the guy from yesterday, he's dressed in slacks and a linen shirt, everyone looks at him, it could be because of his looks, his clothes, or the fact that he's new. Rina quickly moved to the register, a big grin on her face.

"Hi," she breathes the sound basically a giggle. Her cheeks are flushed like she just came back from a jog. "How can I help you?" 

While he looks at the menu her eyes are trained on him like a puppy looking at a box of treats. If he notices her stare he doesn't show. He orders paying before stepping to the side so the next person can order, his hands are in his pocket as he waits.