𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒

𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟸𝟿𝚝𝚑

"Morning, Stranger," I greet. I'm here earlier than normal but that's because today's bucket list adventure is a farther away, a little over an hour's drive

"You."

"Me."

"You're here earlier than usual," he notes, he's in pajamas, something I've never witnessed in all my mornings coming here.

"You're in pajamas."

"You caught me off guard."

"No," I shake my finger correcting him. "Mrs. Huxley was saying that you get up and dressed around 6 in the morning, it's 8, this is good, means you're finally getting into the summer spirit."

He rolls his eyes shaking his head. "What are we doing today?"

"Don't worry about that, but you will need a swimsuit."

・○・・○・

"Woah," Eden says looking up at the big sign signaling the entrance to the water park. It's the biggest water park around, and the funnest, if I remember correctly.

"Ever been to a water park, stranger?"

"Not that I can remember," He replies.

"First time for everything." I smile grabbing his wrist and pulling him behind me, in his other arm he holds a backpack with towels and other water park day essentials. 

Since it's fairly early in the day the line to get tickets isn't long and we are in the park in under 20 minutes. We make our way to the lockers, and I take off my shorts leaving me in my swimsuit, Eden has on swim shorts and a shirt so he doesn't have to do anything.

"Sunscreen?" I hold up a tube of sunscreen, he nods, I squirt some onto his hands and he rubs it in between his hands before rubbing it all over his face, it looks splotchy. "Bend down a little," I tell him, he looks confused. "We haven't got all day, stranger."

He bends, I rub the sunscreen onto his face making sure it's evenly spread across his whole face.

I close the tube. 

"You're not putting any on?" He asks.

"Sunscreen makes me look white." I cross my arms. "What's the point of having melanin if you don't show it off in sunny weather."

He rolls his eyes and takes the sunscreen out of my hand, pulling out my palm so he can squirt a dollop onto it. I give him a look but rub the sunscreen onto my face.

"If I look like a ghost, you're to blame."

"You don't," he assures me.

"You had better not be lying."

"I'm not." He says, following behind me as we walk into the steadily populating water park. 

I instantly spot a ride that looks fun and drag Eden behind me to the line, making him  I make carry the two-seater floatie up for us, he doesn't seem to mind.

"You two ready?" The worker asks, holding onto one of the handles to keep our tube from sliding down the rushing water, I won't lie I'm nervous, but Eden clearly isn't.

"We're ready," Eden answers for the both of us.

"We are?" I question, as the worker let go. "Wait!" But it is too late I let out a screech as our tube speeds down the slide, my eyes are clenched shut as the water drenches me, splashing in my face.