𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒

𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑

"Morning, Stranger!" I greet.

"Giselle."

"Indeed." I echo. "May I come in, I got some muffins for Mrs. Huxley." He nods stepping aside. Eden glances up and down my outfit.

Instead of my usual pair of overalls, I'm dressed in, flip-flops, shorts, and a bikini top, a tacky beach hat on my head, and in my hand, I held a bag full of beach things, something I found in my garage, they were dusty and old but still usable.

"Are we going to the beach?"

My mouth drops open in mock shock. "How could you tell!"

He shrugs shaking his head. "Lucky guess."

I walk into the kitchen placing the box muffins on the counter.

"You weren't here yesterday," he states, following me into the kitchen.

I smile, turning to face him."Aww, did you miss me? See I knew you were warming up to me."

"Don't flatter yourself."

"I'm flattering myself." I disagree. "I was at the car shop, I work there every Thursday most of the time at least."

"Oh." He nods.

"Speaking of you really do need to bring-"

"Giselle!" Mrs. Huxley interrupts coming into the kitchen, she pinches Eden's cheek on her way to me.

"Good Morning, Mrs. Huxley!" I smile as she embraces me, her warm and comforting cinnamon smell filling my nostrils. "I got you muffins, fresh from the bakery."

She kisses my cheek before pulling away her hand lingering on the side of my arm. "I just love you, dear. Eden over here spent all yesterday with his head in the books, and not to good ones it was those fat textbooks. I don't doubt he'd do so all summer if given the chance."

I feign a gasp. "How horrible, no worries, Mrs. Huxley, I'll keep him real busy today." I grin, glancing back at Eden, his hands are in his pockets as he rocks on his heels.

"What would I do without you, dear?" She gives my arm one last pat before going to her tea kettle.

"Well, the day's still young, so we'd better get going." I smile, I hear Eden mumble something under his breath, 'not the saying" it sounded like.

When we step outside the house, I look up at Eden. "Textbooks?"

He shrugs.

"Well, my deepest apologies, had I known you'd resort to such methods to cure your boredom in the lack of my presence I would have brought you along with me."

"Was that an attempt at mocking me?"

I roll my eyes, shrugging innocently. "Maybe, anyways I'll bring you next time."

"Next time," he agrees. "You're cheery today."

"I'm always cheery."

"Cheerier than normal."

"Fair enough, but how could I not be? We're going to the beach!" I squeal.

・○・・○・

"This doesn't look stable," Eden says looking down at the wooden steps leading down to Mrs. Huxley's private beach, I've been down there once but that was a while ago and the steps were a good amount steadier than they look now, on the bright side it isn't too steep.