𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚓𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝚗𝚍

"A party?"

"Yup, you ever been to one?" I ask, Eden shoots me a look. "You never know." I shrug. 

He rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

We walk to the entrance of the party, where everyone is walking through. You don't have to pay as long as you are dressed up. Eden is in jeans and a black shirt, he's been dressing more casually as of late, it suits him.

I pass him a set of pink heart-shaped glasses, then slip on my own pair.

"Perfect." I smile.

We walk through the entrance without the dress-up tax, as I like to call it. They splash your face with ice water if you aren't dressed up enough today's theme was love, and as usual, people had delivered, not a signal person didn't have red or pink on. 

It's fairly calm for a Peysle beach party, but that will change once the sun sets.

Towards the rockier part of the beach, a group of people are throwing sticks in the middle of a circle outlined in rocks. They don't light the fire until later but they always start prepping early, that way they can join the party at the best time to party.

I reach my hand into the open cooler by the wooden stairs, grabbing a Coke. 

Eden chooses water, not to anyone's surprise. 

The speakers set up on the rocks somehow manage to carry sound across the whole beach., even with all the chatter, and crashing of the waves.

 Eden and I take a seat on a rock, watching as the people slowly trickle in.

"You up for a challenge?" My smile is probably nothing short of devious, and the sight clearly makes Eden suspicious. "Yes or no?"

"You're not going to give me further context."

"It's on the bucket list," I offer.

He gives me a look. "How helpful."

"Yes or no?" I ask again.

"If it's on your-"

"Our," I correct.

"The list." He settles on. "Then I don't really have a choice, do I?"

"That's up to interpretation." I throw the words he often says right back in his face. "Now answer the question."

"Fine, sure."

"I'm taking that as a yes," I smile, feeling triumphant. "By the end of the night, you have to get as many numbers as you can get. You up for it?"

"I already agreed," he says, not taking the out I'd just given him.

"Good, best of luck," I say, and I mean it. 

Numbers are hard to get around here. For guys at least, for girls, it is easier than a piece of cake. Eden doesn't have to know that though. Plus not many people have their own numbers, but landlines are a thing.

"Wait, this seems rigged in your favor, you know these people," Eden points out.

"Yeah, but you're like the most attractive guy here. I have no doubt you'll keep up." His cheeks flush at my comment. He's easy to embarrass, it's cute. I pull out two Sharpies, which I had no idea were in my pocket. I hand Eden one before hopping off the rock.

People are already starting to dance and who am I to pass up the opportunity?

"Catch you later, have fun, live a little!" I urge him. He slides off the rock, giving me a thumbs-up as I walk backward into the crowd of dancing people.