𝐒𝐢𝐱♕︎

Following that fateful night at a random, gorgeous lady's cozy abode, Caspian couldn't stop his mind from whirring constantly with her thoughts.

A week had passed in his hesitation, each time he'd hovered his fingers over the number to call or text her, his heart did an odd flip and he ended up retreating on his decision.

She didn't even had his number, so if he didn't pluck up his courage and contact her first, there'd never be any contact between them at all.

Only if they knew Fate's plan—the intervention she had arranged to reunite the two born with interwined souls.

Caspian and Freya were wandering in the mall. They were shopping—well mostly it was Freya—Caspian was dragged into this against his will.

Freya scoured every possible shop in order to ascertain the perfect dress for her upcoming date night with Regal. She wanted to look perfect than usual, according to her, Regal might propose to her on this very night since it was the date when they first ever held hands.

Caspian resisted another eye roll. Cheesy, sappy romance only added to his broody mood.

"Come on, Freya. We've scoured the whole damn mall! I'm drained."

"Just a few more, babe. Please. Don't you want me to look ravishing while your brother proposes?" She batted her lashes.

Groaning, Caspian sighed in defeat as he let himself get dragged into yet another women's store.

Ravishing? Whatever that meant.

He grumbled in his mind, forcing himself to look excited as Freya tried various clothes and asked for his opinion.

"After this, at least treat me with food first before another haul." He argued.

"Alright. Alright. Now look, how does this one look?"

Caspian's weary and bored gaze inspected the dress.

It was a violet gown with a slit across the right knee and off shoulder.

Too revealing and too much for a simple date.

"Isn't it too much for a date?" Voicing his thoughts.

Freya grunted, rolling her eyes and eyeing herself in the full-body mirror.

"It's not just a date, Cassie. How many times do I have to remind you?!"

Caspian held his hands up in surrender, looking sideways to avoid another eye roll, otherwise his eyeballs would definitely get stuck to his head.

"Then it's the perfect one!" He chirped in a fake tone.

"It is, right?" Freya exclaimed, her eyes sparkling in sheer excitement. "I'm taking this!"

Caspian exhaled a long, deep breath of relief, flopping back on the sofa he was waiting on.

"Good. Regal would love it!" He added in the same tone from earlier.

Oblivious, Freya only grinned more, bouncing to the counters to hand over the dress for payment.

Tapping his foot on the tiled floor, Caspian waited patiently when he felt a tug in his chest.

An unknown restlessness threatened to envelope his heart as he whipped his head around—not really sure searching for what.

"What is it?" Freya asked, all packed with her new dress.

"Nothing." He muttered, still looking around skeptically while his heart continued to beat faster.

"Come on, let's eat something then off to jewellery shopping."