Chapter 1

Green Hills. The lovable town of Green Hills. It has lived for more than 50 years. Just recently though, it's sheriff and protecter Tom Wachowski and his veterinarian wife Maddie just got some new additions to the family.

Sonic the Hedgehog, a blue hedgehog who runs quite literally faster than the speed of sound. Emerald-green eyes, red-and-white shoes, this guy's anything but normal. He came first, originally as a friend but later as a son.

Tails the Fox, a yellow fox with the brain of Einstein. He has two tails and can fly. Sapphire-blue eyes, red-and-white shoes, this guy was originally bullied for his two tails before figuring out about Sonic. He came second in the family.

Knuckles the Echidna, a red echidna with the strength required to move a mountain. He has fire powers and he can glide. Red, orange, and green shoes and violet-purple eyes, you do NOT want to get him angry. He came third and has the same powers as Sonic when it comes to Chaos Energy.

Amy Rose, a pink hedgehog with a Piko-Piko hammer. She really has no powers but with her hammer yeah you don't wanna mess with her when she's angry. Forest green eyes and red-and-white shoes and dress, you don't wanna get her angry either. She came fourth and...pretty much.

Shadow the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Lifeform. Tough around the edges and rather quiet and edgy, so Sonic says. Ruby red eyes and red, yellow, and white shoes, don't speak the name Maria around him. He came fifth.

Silver the Hedgehog, the psychotic and futuristic hedgehog. He's naive and innocent, and wants nothing but to help people. Bright yellow eyes and blue-and-white shoes, he comes from 200 years in the future. He came sixth.

Blaze the Cat, the princess from another dimension. She has fire powers which she is ashamed of. Fiery orange eyes and red-and-white shoes, she comes from the Sol dimension and is the guardian of the Sol Emeralds. She came seventh.

Espio the Chameleon, a quiet ninja. He can turn invisible or any other colors. Bright-yellow eyes and purple-and-white shoes, this chameleon is the master of stealth in the family. He is the member of the Chaotix, in which the other two are living together with Vanilla and Cream so he's stuck with the rest of them. He came eighth in the family.

Rouge the Bat, a mysterious and beautiful thief. She can fly and turn into a tornado. Sky-blue eyes and pink-and-white shoes, she loves jewelry and steals it without anyone seeing her. She came ninth in the family.

Tom and Maddie, of course, never imagined having nine kids. Especially not having nine Mobian kids. It, of course, also took some time for the other citizens to adjust to the new talking and walking upright newcomers.

It all just started with a power outage.

~~~~~~

"And I win AGAIN!!"

Sonic the Hedgehog, the Fastest Thing Alive, first son of Tom and Maddie had just won Uno against Knuckles, Blaze and Amy. "What?! Unfair!!" growled Knuckles in frustration. "I call hacks, who else?" asked Amy.

"You cheated, you little blue splinter in our side! I was just about to win!" accused Blaze. "Yeah, keep saying that Blaze. Wait, Blaze... calm down that fire, please. Blaze? Please? BLAZE--" replied Sonic, running away as Blaze attempted to burn him alive.

"Sonic? Blaze? Stop fighting! You're going to burn the whole house down!" scolded Maddie. "Sorry, Mom!" apologized both in unison. Maddie was cooking and Amy was helping with the cooking. She was really interested in cooking that was for sure.

"Hey hun, I'm home." said Tom, just coming home from work. "Welcome home. Me and Ames just got done cooking. This little girl is really a quick learner." praised Maddie, ruffling Amy's hair. "Awwww, Mom!" said Amy in embarrassment.

Sonic already came down to greet Tom. "Hey, Donut Lord!" greeted Sonic. "Hey blue devil. So how's everything holding up?" asked Tom, kneeling down to the Mobian's level. "It's...it's..." started Sonic before the sound of flames crossed his ears.

"Knuckles! Blaze! If I come up there find one of my stuff burnt I will HURT YOU in ways you don't want to think about!" scolded Sonic. Tom chuckled in amusement as Sonic turned back to him.
"It's, uh... let's just say we somehow haven't killed each other yet."

"Oh, really? I haven't noticed."

"Tom!"

"I'm kidding," said Tom chuckling in amusement. "I'm proud of you. You're on every single newspaper in the city," added Tom gesturing to today's newspapers. "You've become a responsible big brother. It feels like just yesterday when you were stalking us."

"Stalking? Pardon me, Donut Lord, I said that we were all just kind of hanging out, although I wasn't invited and no one knew I was there," corrected Sonic. "Your definition of 'hanging out' is very weird, Sonic," called Tails.

"Tails if you don't shut your mouth I WILL go up there and NONE of your inventions will be saving you!" hissed Sonic. "But somehow we're all still alive..." he added looking back at Tom, who chuckled in response.

"Haha. Very funny. Hey Maddie, when is the table going to be set?" asked Tom. "It's all done, Dad!" said Amy. "Yeah. Amy's as fast as you Sonic when it comes to cooking and setting the table." agreed Maddie. "Agreed. Hey everybody! Dinner's ready!" called Sonic.

Two words. That's all it took. For everyone to come blazing in without a second thought, scrambling to get the best bite of food. Espio appeared at a seat, seemingly being there the whole time. Everyone flopped into their seats and started eating and talking.

"Did you burn my stuff?"

"No. Why would you assume such things, Hedgehog?"

"Of course not... just your beanbag."

"Wait, what was that, Blaze?!"

"Silver, pass me the salt! Pass me the salt!"

"Alright, alright, geez! Didn't know you were pushy Tails!"

As everyone blabbered on, Tom and Maddie glanced at each other in an understanding tone. Neither Sonic nor Rouge, who were beside them, noticed. Then, they said something that excited a lot of people and shut them up instantly.

"We need a bigger house."