Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

"O Allah, benefit me with what You have taught me and teach me what will benefit me and increase me in knowledge. Praise be to Allah in every situation, and I seek refuge in Allah from the state of the people of Hell." (Tirmidhi, Supplications 129)

---

Leyla performed the morning prayer and then said she would read the Qur'an. However, she found herself on the floor with the entire bookshelf fallen alongside her. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang, and she realized it was her downstairs neighbor. He always came when there was a noise. His angry expression was enough to give Leyla a heart attack. That man was both a disbeliever and filled with the characteristics of one, making him unbearable.

Leyla's inner thoughts:

😈 "Now is the perfect time to start a fight and give him a good beating."

🧠 "No, no. I can't overpower him. Besides, he's right. If there wasn't noise, he wouldn't come. He's entitled to a peaceful and quiet home, but I'm disturbing that peace."

😇 "It wasn't intentional, Leyla. You're not clumsy."

When the doorbell rang again, she tensed and headed towards the door.

"I'm coming!"

But when Leyla opened the door, it wasn't him but a young girl in pajamas. This was much better than the neighbor coming, for Leyla. The girl didn't look like a Muslim. She was busy with her phone.

"I was worried if you were okay. There was quite a noise," she said nonchalantly, with a strange look in her eyes. Leyla couldn't reconcile the woman's words with her actions, which was enough to unsettle her.

😈 "Clearly, she didn't expect someone wearing a headscarf. She might insult or attack me."

😇 "You're trying to make me suspicious. But if anything happens, Allah is sufficient for us. Hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakil."

Leyla scratched her head and smiled.

"A few books fell on my head, but alhamdulillah, I'm fine. Would you like to come in for some coffee?"

"I don't drink coffee; it makes me jittery," the woman said disinterestedly, starting to smile at her phone. Leyla's thoughts wandered:

😈 "You should grab that phone and smash it on her head instead of coffee. Then pull her hair-"

🧠 "I leave it to Allah. May Allah grant her guidance."

"Okay, then, see you another time. Which apartment do you live in-"

The woman interrupted Leyla. "We'll see each other later."

"See you...later"

I still had the love of neighborliness in me. Whenever I tried to get to know people, the same thing happened. Even though there were nearly 300 people living in the skyscraper, not one was free of Islamophobia or wanted to be friends. Leyla was alone.

😈 "That woman is so disgraceful, dishonorable-"

😇 "Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't take this to heart; it's just a whisper!"

😈 "I'm not like them. They'll burn, and I'll watch their suffering in paradise while eating sunflower seeds."

😇 "You're trying to make me arrogant, right? By the way, what strange pleasures you have."

🧠 "But I won't fall for it. How can I be arrogant with such a sinful heart? With this dirty heart, it's uncertain if I can say 'La ilaha illallah' during the agony of death."