SEVEN (ISELEN POV)

I grimace, scrunching my nose, I always hated the smell of disinfectant in infirmaries and hospitals. Besides, I'm cold because I'm barefoot, wearing only my sweatpants and a tank top and my hair is wet after taking a quick shower. I decide to focus on something more pleasant and jump to sit down on a bed while my eyes follow Ruby's movements in front of me, gathering the stuff she'll need to clean the wound on my arm. The beautiful woman rolled up her sleeves and I can take a closer look at her colourful and fascinating tattoos.

"Don't do that again." Her angry tone of voice startles me and I blink, looking at her bewildered, she's standing between my legs holding a bandage with a furrowed brow. She looks really furious and I don't know why. "I'm a grown woman and know how to take care of myself, I don't need you to put your body in the way of a bullet to protect me. You'll get yourself killed."

"Would you miss me?" I ask smiling amused. The doctor doesn't answer and keeps staring at me angrily, clenching her jaw, with her fairy eyes fixed on mines, shining mesmerizingly, before going down slowly till she's looking at my lips. My skin starts tingling and I can't help licking them. Ruby seems to hold her breath and tilts her head closer. "Oh yes, baby," I think inside my brain, desperate. "Kiss me, please, I beg you."

Suddenly, a loud noise startles us, something made of glass hitting the floor and shattering, someone curses on the other side of the curtain that's protecting us from prying eyes and the doctor moves away, grimacing. I close my eyes, shaking my head, I feel like crying right now.

"Fuck, baby. Have mercy, you'll be the one who's going to kill me," I whisper opening my eyes again and taking a deep breath. The doctor smirks mischievously and her knuckles covered with the latex glove rub my cheek for a second before focusing her attention on the deep scratch on my arm.

The plane shakes because of turbulences and wakes me up from a wonderful and perfect dream: Ruby was in the sickbay, exactly like it happened yesterday morning, cleaning my wound and worried about me, scolding me. But no one interrupted us this time, she didn't pull away and we ended up making out in the bed. It was hot and amazing and I bet it'd be better in real life, feeling her soft skin under my hands and her perfume destroying my brain circuitry. But it can't be true, a relationship between us, even if it's just physical, could affect the dynamics of the team and the Valkyrie would kill us if she finds out. It'd be a shame now that she's really happy with our job, for once.

Actually, colonel Larsen was ecstatic, grinning from ear to ear while the bosses congratulated us yesterday evening, even the guy from the Pentagon who looked like he was biting a very sour lemon. Apparently, their shocked faces when they realized that Sappho's Commando was in charge of recovering the ship were very funny, for a second at least, before all those high-ranking officers started to shout angrily and the NATO senior officers, who were trying to defend us and their pilot programme. In the meantime, the girls were fighting the evil pirates, securing the deck, protecting the second helicopter to evacuate the wounded and ready to get into the bowels of the ship to chase the bad guys and find the hostages.

The Valkyrie managed to calm things down between both groups of officers, suggesting them to shut their mouths and pay attention to what was happening on the screens. I bet she didn't have to raise her voice, Larsen is capable of putting a commanding officer in his place with a cold look. The Pentagon guys monitored our movements closely and they softened their criticism little by little when they understood that we were doing a good job, till we found the boxes with weapons and our boss demanded an explanation. Most of them were as shocked by the turn of events as we were and some of them looked angry, but some others did not, as if they knew what to expect from that mysterious businessman.