ϟ 31 ϟ

MY LITTLE BOYFRIEND

ϟ 𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟏/𝟐𝟎/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

"ADAM, are you sure you're okay? You're acting a little off," Ellie pointed out as she, Adam, and Chase went to sit down for breakfast.

Adam usually acted odd; that much was true. But the boy had been acting even more strange, from being overly gentle with everything he touched.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just had a really big first breakfast before I came," the boy spoke, as if the correlation between the two events was obvious.

Ellie rolled her eyes playfully, a smile on her face at how silly Adam could be. The three reached their table in no time, each choosing their own seat. As soon as Chase laid a hand on his, he sighed in annoyance.

"Man, I always get the wobbly chair," he complained.

"You can have mine and I'll take that one," Ellie offered, taking her hand off of the back of her own seat that she was about to sit at.

"No, no. Let me fix it," Adam was quick to offer, holding his lunch out expectantly to his brother, "Hold my tray."

"How are you going to-" Ellie began to ask, but she was cut off abruptly by the sound of the wooden chair cracking in half, Adam holding half of it up in the air as he stared confusedly at what he had done.

Chase, meanwhile, sent a murderous glare at his brother, one that didn't go unnoticed by the blonde standing to the side. Adam, however, didn't notice, throwing the back of the wooden chair on the middle of the table with a thud.

Startled by the noise, people around the group suddenly began to look over, their attention efficiently captured.

"Adam!" Chase scolded harshly through gritted teeth. Then, he seemingly noticed eyes on them. He turned to the other students, chuckling flippantly, "Budget cuts, am I right? The evidence is all around us, people!"

Adam began to laugh as well, supporting his brother's lies.

The laughing quickly stopped as Chase approached his bigger brother, still in earshot of Ellie. "You maxed out your super strength, didn't you?"

Adam chuckled shortly, looking back at Ellie and then to his brother again, "Well, of course I did. Look who you're talking to!"

"Sorry -- maxed out? Isn't that a good thing?" Ellie jumped back into the conversation, reminding Chase of her presence.

"No! This is so dangerous. You can't control your strength, and it could cause a ton of glitches!" Chase reprimanded.

"Sorry -- glitches?" Ellie repeated. "What are those?"

Chase rolled his eyes as if he was explaining something so obvious as how to flush a toilet. "Our bionic infrastructure isn't meant for the human body; it glitches out sometimes, when we have intense emotions or don't have control of our abilities."

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry for not knowing that obvious bit of information before. Who on Earth doesn't know that bionic super humans experience glitching?" Ellie spoke sarcastically, crossing her arms.

"We have to change you back, now," Chase insisted, ignoring Ellie's retorts.

"Calm down, you're overreacting," Adam spoke flippantly, going to set his tray on the lunch table that none of them had sat at yet.

Ellie let out an instinctive shriek when suddenly all of the table's legs began to bend, breaking the chairs under its weight as the table top fell to the floor. Though she was safely out of harm's way already, Adam pulled her further back away from his mess as food began to spill all over the floor.