The Fall of Sunset Shimmer

~Serial Designation 092/Finn's POV~

"So, Finn. How has your studies on Equestrian lore getting on?" Princess Celestia asked me, as we walked in the courtyard of the School for Gifted Unicorns.

It's been over a month since I found myself in the world of Equestria, in an robot body and been appointed as Sunset Shimmer's study partner, under the guidance of the monarch of Equestria; Princess Celestia. And I have to say things are really starting to look up for me and Shimmer.

The reason I was taking a morning stroll with Princess Celestia was because Sunset Shimmer was going through a mid-term exam right now and I thought it was best that I take a walk around campus and not disturb Shimmer's concentration. I happened to bump into Princess Celestia and she invited me for a morning stroll, I gladly accepted.

"Пока отлично. История этого места очень интересна. (Great so far. The lore of this place is very interesting.)" I answered with a small smile.

"That's great to hear." Princess Celestia smiled back, "Have you taken the time to learn our native language?"

My smiled quickly faded into a sad frown, as I shook my head, "Я стараюсь изо всех сил, но что-то мешает мне говорить на этом языке. (I am trying my best, but something is stopping me from being able to speak it.)" I looked at my hands and balled them into fists of frustration and disappointment, "Кажется, даже заклинания Шиммер не работают. (Not even Shimmer's spells seem to work.)"

Princess Celestia lowered her head slightly with a concerned look, "I am sorry for your struggle, Doll."

I shook my head, lowered my hands and assured with a smile, "Но наши одноклассники учатся меня понимать. (But our classmates are learning to understand me.)"

Princess Celestia regained her smile, "I'm relieved to hear that."

I smiled back at her, then the ground started to rumble and vibrate quite violently. Princess Celestia and I froze in our tracks and began looking around for the source of the rumbling. Suddenly, I sensed a surge of magical energy coming from one of the towers of the School. Princess Celestia looked at me, then followed my gaze, as a large vine burst out of the tower and grew to coil around the rest of the building and across the courtyard, barely missing me and Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia smiled proudly, "I see somepony just passed their mid-term."

I smiled and clapped my hands in applaud, "Молодец, Шиммер. (Well done, Shimmer.)"

~<.X.><.X.><.X.><.X.><.X.>~

*Later That Afternoon, Outside Campus...*

After passing her mid-term exam, Sunset Shimmer and I met up with each other and sat on a bench to continue and review our studies for the next exam in six months. Best to be prepared for anything, right?

During reading over a few books on advanced elemental spells and the history of Equestria, I couldn't help but notice behind Sunset Shimmer was a young lavender unicorn filly playing with an older unicorn colt with white fur and a pink alicorn mare. It looked like they were having fun. I noticed Sunset Shimmer glance at me, so I shook the thought out of my head and returned to reading my book.

It was nice and quiet, until a voice suddenly called from the other side of the bench, "Sunset Shimmer!"

I gasped in startle, as Sunset Shimmer and I turned to see five unicorn fillies walking toward us. Each of them were different from the each other. One was mint green with a white streak in her mane and tail. One was all-blue. One was white with a pink curly mane and tail. One was yellow and blue. And the last was pale yellow with a red and purple mane and tail.