The New Protege of Magic

~Serial Designation 092/Finn's POV~

It's been nearly six months since the incident at Nightmare Night. Princess Celestia has been teaching me more on the powers that I displayed during that night, as well as that awfully horrifying form I took, to better control and understand it. But one thing is for certain, that night scared me and I vowed to never use the power, which Princess Celestia and I called 'The AbsoluteSolver', unless it was absolutely necessary.

And that's not the worst of it. It turns out that the AbsoluteSolver has turned me vampiric. The very essence of the day and sun causes me great pain. I have an insatiable craving for oil that gets worse when my systems overheat. And my powers shatter every mirror I look at. It's very concerning, but Princess Celestia promised that we'll figure a way to make me feel comfortable with these 'inconveniences'.

It was a few nights after the Summer Sun Celebration, in Canterlot, when Princess Celestia and I were in the courtyard, practicing on switching from one power of the AbsoluteSolver to another. I couldn't help but feel like something was watching us, and it was coming from the statue of the creature known as Draconequus. It was creeping me out and minorly distracting.

"Very good, Finn. Now, let's try switching the symbol and multiplying the rose, okay?" Princess Celestia instructed me, as I used the [Translate] power of the Solver to carefully pluck a rose from the rosebush.

I nodded and focused my thoughts on Princess Celestia's instruction; To multiply the rose. I felt the symbol in my hand switch to a more circular symbol and it appeared around the rose.

 I felt the symbol in my hand switch to a more circular symbol and it appeared around the rose

The rose multiplied into two... Then three... Then four. All four in different colors. I gasped and smiled in accomplishment and Princess Celestia smiled in pride.

Suddenly, there was an explosion from the sky that startled me and I dropped the roses onto the ground. A massive shockwave of rainbow colors expanded from the sky and I sensed an explosion of power coming from one of the School for Gifted Unicorns' exam towers. It caught Princess Celestia's attention as bright purple lightning surged through the windows and a large purple and green dragon's head burst through the ceiling of the tower. A powerful display of raw magic.

I looked Princess Celestia, "Должны ли мы провести расследование? (Should we investigate?)"

Princess Celestia nodded in confirmation, then she flew from the courtyard and toward the school, while I teleported into the exam room, where the powerful surge of magic was coming from. Inside the room was a young unicorn filly, about eight to nine years old, levitating in the air with a powerful and raw magical aura around her.

 Inside the room was a young unicorn filly, about eight to nine years old, levitating in the air with a powerful and raw magical aura around her