4: Things Fall Apart.

I stretch out my limbs as i climb down my bunk. I see that all the girls are still sleeping as i head into the main area, to see Dave and Roxie pacing the main area. I frown at the two as they seem to discuss something between each other.

"-need more staff, Dave." Roxie tells Dave as the camp councillor she's taling to spots me.

"Daphne! Good morning." He says cheerful as i raise my brow.

I want to comment on the staff thing but hold my tongue for a second. My five compys chirp by my feet in greeting. Roxie turns to look at me too, her brows are knitted together and she looks quite agitated about something.

"Everything okay?" I ask her.

She shakes her head and i can tell that something is bothering her a lot. She sighs before she takes a seat on the couch. Shaking her head.

It makes me curious what's going on and if this is about yesterday in the cattle drive. I won't blame the two if they want to send us home and get as far from this camp as possible. What we did yesterday wasn't safe, although, i had very little involvement in that. I feel like I should make things easier on them since i'm a permanent resident on this island.

Which I didn't.

But if we indeed get send home. I would gladly go. This is the longest i have been without my dad and i miss him a lot. I could go back to training my raptors and having fun with my dad and do things again without supervision.

Roxie and Dave share a look. "We need more staff, or we will have to send you guys home." She tells me, which i understand.

I shrug my shoulders. "I wouldn't appose to going home." I say as i drop next to her on the couch.

Dave snickers while Roxie rolls her eyes. "Of course you wouldn't. Raptor nerd is getting homesick already?" Dave asks with a chuckle.

I shrug my shoulders. "A little." I say as i pick my compys up from the ground. "Also, I have never had so much adult supervision. It's weird." Seriously, it's weird having adult supervision when you're a kid that has most of the time none and your dad just letting you do whatever because he knows you will be fine.

Dave nods his head and ruffles my hair as they get up to make a phone call. I follow them downstairs to the truck.

Roxie gets on the phone with my mom, Claire, while i let the five compys run around a bit. Not hearing when Roxie actually begins her phone call. I know that my mom is a very busy woman and won't have time for her phone. Unless it's me calling, she always picks up my calls.

Although, i have a suspicion that she gave mine a different ringtone so she knows that it's me calling and that she will have to pick up.

I turn around to focus on Roxie, who is on a phone call with Claire. I hear the wiring of a helicopter, looking up as the thing flies over us and i can immediately tell that my uncle has arrived at the park.

Didn't my mom tell me something about showing my uncle something, what was it? Oh right, I remember, she was going to show my uncle about the indominous rex. That creature was cute, when it hatched and a fun playmate. Until it ate her sister and my mom forbid Dr Wu to let me anywhere near it. Shame, could have mate it my overgrown pet.

"And despite the park's owner Mr. Masrani just now arriving, we have something that we urgently need to discuss with you, Ms. Dearing. You see-..." i hear Roxie say on the phone before Dave interrupts her.

"Don't forget about the raptor pen." Dave tells her as he sits int he opening of the truck's driver seat.

"Shh!" Roxie turns to him to shush him. "I know, I know." She tells him as she walks passed the truck and holds her hand up to Dave to keep him quiet.