32

"I'm sorry, baby, all of my things for work are at home—"

"Its okay." She could hear that disappointment in the one man she was on the phone with. Making her bring no more than that hand up to her face. So tired of work. Taking meetings all too late in the night. Barely able to even come home and clean up before having to go on a call sometimes. And she hated. Hated not being able to see him.

"I-I promise tomorrow, baby, okay? I just have too much to do for work tonight." She knew he'd never question her. That he'd understand the girl and simply listen. Seeing as though it was Ming who was on that single phone with the one man who only let out that deep its fine, baby. Knowing how easily worked up she'd get herself.

"Just make sure you try to rest, huh? I love you." He knew she worked too much. Knew her job was becoming more demanding the more she was trying to get higher up. Noticing that lack of time he'd get to spend with the girl for weeks on end at times.

"I love you too, baby. A-And please call me if you need anything, okay—"

"Okay." He cut her off with that smirk. Making the woman giggle that giggle all too small to herself before the two found themselves parting ways. Causing Ming to feel that ache so dull in her heart. Wanting to simply go and see the man who she would've walked into the room of on slow feet, only to instantly crawl in bed with him in that manner completely exhausted. All while he'd laugh at the girl who he would've given those kisses all too gentle to the head of.

And with that sigh, the woman gathered her stuff. Even if it was that single voice that filled the air. Filled it in that manner so deep. Too deep.

"Going home?" Her eyes were quick to fall round. Unable to deny how uneasy she'd be around the one man who had introduced himself to the girl the first day he worked. Asking her every question she had asked those amongst her on her own first day, as she let out that innocent yes.

"Let me walk you to your car, huh—"

"N-No, it's okay—"

"Ming." He already had her meeting his eyes. Saying her name as though he knew her inside and out as Ming looked at him. Noticing each time he'd glance at her when they'd cross paths. Even if he'd only grin at the girl. The same girl who couldn't help but feel that intimidation from him.

"Okay." All she wanted was to go home. Knowing that she was barely going to have time to even do so much as eat, as he waited for her to grab her things.

"H-How have you been liking it here?" The two were already in that single elevator. Going to that parking garage, despite the girl thinking back to those times Yoongi would surprise her at work. Finding themselves in that same elevator that he would instantly back her into one of the corners of and try to touch the girl who's giggles would instantly fill the air.

"I can't complain. . ." She watched those numbers fall lower. Low enough to take them to that single floor of parking as the man gestured for her to go ahead.

"I have to get going for some late meetings, b-but thank you for walking me out—"

"Thank you for letting me." He smiled down at her. Having slid his hands within the pockets of his slacks, only to eye the woman in every way her own boyfriend would.

"Let me know if you're ever free, huh? I'd love to grab dinner with you—"

"I-I actually have a boyfriend." She could feel that quiet pounding of her heart. Never feeling this uneasy about rejecting a man. Afraid it'd come off as rude. Assuming that those were his intentions from the start of him even talking to her.