022

Lola was in absolute shock at how Tom wanted to sign his rights away to Aubree. She knew that she hadn't talked to him since. She didn't know what she could say.

She didn't understand how he could just sign away his own daughter. And it made her worry about her own baby. Would he sign the rights away for this baby?

A thousand different thoughts were going through her head. And she didn't know what to think. She knew she hadn't told her mum. Knowing that Izzie would take delight in using this against him.

Lola felt as through it was all too much. And she had no idea what to do. Or even how to talk to Grace about it. She didn't know how Grace would take it. Or even Aubree.

Her heart broke for the little girl. She knew how Aubree wanted her daddy in her life. But he was willing to walk away from her. She hated it.

It wasn't easy at all. And Lola knew that she needed to somehow figure it out. Before it all got too much for her.

Morning came and she woke in bed. She checked her phone to see texts from Tom. She didn't reply. She didn't know what to say to him. Especially about the fact he was wanting to walk away from his own child.

The door opened and Izzie walked in. She smiled to her daughter. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Lola nodded. Knowing full well she couldn't tell her what was going on. "I'm okay. I just wanna hurry up and get today over and done with."

"I hear you there. One more week until half term. I'm thinking me, you, Chlo and Mika should all go away for a few days. Sort of a baby moon," Izzie said.

Lola just nodded. Knowing she had no idea what to even say. She just smiled. "Sounds good."

***
Lola went into school. She saw Grace and walked over to her. "Are you okay?" She asked as she saw the look on her face.

"No. I'm not. Tom the fucking idiot. His lawyer and written to me. He says he wants to give up his rights to Aubree. Did he say anything to you?" Grace asked.

Lola sighed. "He said he was going to think about it. But I didn't think he would do it. I'm so sorry," she said.

Grace shook her head. She sighed. "It's not your fault. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at him. And if I wasn't trying to make things work for me, I'd kill him. But Aubree needs me now more than ever. Especially now her own dad doesn't want her."

Lola smiled. "You know I'm here for you. I'll be here daddy."

"Thanks. I appreciate you," Grace said as she smiled and took her hand.

***
Tom walked into the common room. He saw Lola and sat down with her. "I haven't seen you today."

"You wouldn't. I've been with Grace. You actually signed your rights away?" Lola asked.

Tom nodded and sighed. "I did it for us. So that I wouldn't have my past taking over my future," he told her.

Lola shook her head. She stood up and walked off. But she had no idea just how things were about to completely change.