𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

"WE'RE THE POGUES AND OUR MISSION THIS SUMMER IS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME ALL THE TIME"

Let's talk about Maddy Routledge, aka Mads. She's lived in the Cut her whole life, preferring its laid-back vibe over the fancy neighborhoods like the Figure Eight, where rich people (called Kooks) live in big houses with pools, statues of themselves and shits like that.

Mads loves surfing, a sport she learned from her dad, Big John, and her brother. She's also crazy about animals—no one loves animals more than Mads. She and her best friend Kie are like sisters and rescue turtles together. They've been inseparable since kindergarten, though they had a rough time when Kie spent a year hanging out with the kooks and left maddy behind.

Mads has a huge crush on JJ, but she hasn't told anyone. It's against the Pogues' rule to date each other, plus she's not sure if JJ feels the same way. Also, her brother can be a bit of a psychotic son of a bitch. After her dad disappeared, JJ was there for her ,no matter what, which made her feelings for him grow.

The other person that was there for mads was John B. Yes, they have lots of disagreements but it doesn't mean they don't care about each other, quite the opposite, John B is the person that maddy more cares about and vice-versa.

🪽🌊🛫

"JOHN B IF YOU FALL OUT OF THERE, IM GOING DIE OF LAUGHTER" says Maddy, watching her brother standing on the edge of the roof. John B looks at her with a disgusted face. "Shut up, brat."

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope points a drill at the boy. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival," he continues. "Hm... should I do it?" asks John B.

"It's your choice, but don't think I'll be worried about you when you do it," Maddy replies, blinking at her brother. "Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down," Pope adds, still pointing the drill at his friend. "You'll shoot me?" John B does finger guns to Pope.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kiara walks in. "Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ starts talking with a beer in his hand.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess," Maddy says while hugging Kiara.

Kiara turns around and sees John B. "Can you please not kill yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one," JJ warns John B, but John B loses his balance and the beer.

"He warned you," Maddy shrugs.

"Of course he had to spill that beer."

"Smooth."

"Dumbass."