Tense Energy

Vanessa's POV

So things been awkward and tense to say the least.

After Dakota arrived there was this weird moment of silence as they stared at each other blankly, I quickly put an end to that by telling them to help me unload the U-Haul truck.

We unloaded everything then I immediately sent them to work on different rooms as I went back to settings up my kitchen.

Everything was running smoothly for a couple of hours, I played music and ordered some pizza, we were good until a couple of minutes ago.

My bathroom, my room, the guest room, the other bathroom, the kitchen, my balcony was all finished and the only thing to work on was the living room which we were all working on together at this point.

At first the music was keeping everyone entertained and in their own bubble but then my speaker died and things went south.

It's hot as hell in here and Dakota started to complain about it which I could tell was slowly making Anastasia aggravated.

Then Dakota asked why I didn't hire movers to do this and Anastasia told her she could leave, now their going back and forth.

"I was invited to help so I'm not going anywhere." Dakota remarked as I passed her another screw for the couch.

"Exactly you're here to help not complain so shut the fuck up." Anastasia snapped shocking me.

"You shut the fuck up." Dakota barked back making my eyes widen.

What the hell is the issue with these two?

"Hey hey relax guys," I said trying to calm the tension but it doesn't work.

"I'm not the one crying about everything under the fucking sun." Anastasia hissed never removing her eyes from her task.

"Where's your fiancée, does she know you're here playing bobby the builder for her sister?" Dakota randomly asked in a smug tone as if Anastasia being here is wrong.

I scrunch my face up and look over a Dakota.

Many people are friends or even best friends with their siblings partner so I don't see what's wrong with her helping me, it's not like my family would.

Vance is the only one but he's out of town.

Anastasia rolls her eyes, "Always worried about Victoria, you should know where she is since you're always up her ass, literally." She muttered the last part but both me and Dakota still heard her.

"What?" I asked confused what she meant by that last part.

"Excuse me?" Dakota yelled red in the face as she stood to her feet like she was going to do something so I also stood up.

Anastasia's eyes finally flicker to Dakota and she looks her up and down before shaking her head.

"You're excused." Anastasia waves her off.

I hold in my laugh at how mad Dakota looks vs how unbothered Anastasia seems.

"Dakota my room now." I demand seeing she was about to say something else and I don't got time for this.

I grabbed her arm and lead her to my room as she kept mumbling under her breath behind me.

"What is your issue with her?" I got straight to the point once we made it in my room.

Dakota brows furrow as she takes a seat on the edge of my bed, "I have no issue with her, she started with me." She expressed annoyed.

"Y'all obviously have some issue before today since the vibe was off between y'all two at the restaurant, so what happened and what did she mean about the literally comment?" I asked wanting to get to the bottom of their tension.